“You have to ask: what was she trying to accomplish?” said Mr Schwarzenegger. “Is she really interested in this subject or is she interested in her career and in winning the [Republican] nomination [for president]? You have to take all these things with a grain of salt.”
Essentially Arnold is suggesting that Palin is pandering to a certain demographic (stupid people) to further her political agenda.
By a show of hands does anybody here disagree with that? Yeah I did not think so. I mean seriously you can spot sister Sarah's naked ambitions from space. No thinking person is fooled by her transparent attempts to ingratiate herself to the lunatic fringe. Except, of course, the lunatic fringe.
So now Sarah, never one to let a critical remark go unanswered, has fired up her ghostwriter and posted THIS response on the only venue that fits her adolescent personality, Facebook.
Why is Governor Schwarzenegger pushing for the same sorts of policies in Copenhagen that have helped drive his state into record deficits and unemployment? Perhaps he will recall that I live in our nation’s only Arctic state and that I was among the first governors to create a sub-cabinet to deal specifically with climate change. While I and all Alaskans witness the impacts of changes in weather patterns firsthand, I have repeatedly said that we can’t primarily blame man’s activities for those changes. And while I did look for practical responses to those changes, what I didn’t do was hamstring Alaska’s job creators with burdensome regulations so that I could act “greener than thou” when talking to reporters.
- Sarah Palin
So did you read that? What? You say it does not make sense? Well duh, it IS Sarah Palin after all! Okay here let me pare it down to the important points.
- Ha! You broke you stupid state with all of your "save the planet" moose poop.
- My state is colder than yours, so I can tell the globe is not warming!
- I was TOTALLY for fighting climate change, before I was against it. (Different audience)
- Stop blaming people! God made this place just for us, so of course we can do what we want with it. If we screw it up he will just make us a new one!
- You are only pretending to care about the environment so all of your Hollywood friends, and the liberal media, and the science-y people will like you the most.
- Besides your stupid speeches are even harder to understand than mine. So there!
Perhaps Shwarzenegger will take a moment to gently explain to sister Sarah that living in a place with weather does not make her an expert on climate, just like living in a place with oil did not make her an expert on energy.