Saturday, August 14, 2010

The LGBT community in Anchorage would like to offer you a little spaghetti and ask for your support.

Today at Guido's Pizza, located at 549 W. Int'l Airport Rd.,there will be a spaghetti feed fundraiser, from 1:00 to 5:00, to pay for the devastation resulting from the mysterious fire that destroyed the LGBT float on July 2nd.

From Facebook:

I want to take this opportunity to inform all of you, that ALL money raised at this event will be used to:
1. Replace the lost float building supplies such as fabric, lumber, glitter, etc.
2. Replace tools and float building hardware that melted into oblivion
3. Replace the JBL EON powered speakers, mixing board and other... professional sound system components including cabling
4. Replace the Tripplite DC-AC inverters and multiple marine batteries used to provide quiet safe power aboard the float
5. To upgrade the 8' x 16' custom made trailer and assess its worthiness to be rebuilt and re-used in the future.

Also, to show that the GLBTA Community of Alaska is but a part of the larger world and that we can be burned up, but NEVER burned out!!!

If you cannot attend and still wish to contribute, a donation account has been setup at WELLS FARGO Bank acct#9297382088 For the BUTNER"s and KOELLER's.

I will be showing up myself with check in hand, and I certainly hope to see some of my local visitors there as well.  If we all stand together against those with prejudice and hate in their hearts, we willl survive ANY attempts to stifle the voices for acceptance and love in our community.

7 comments:

  1. Hear! Hear! Washington is a bit too long a commute, but my heart will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:31 AM

    Can I suggest that a paypal account be set up for contributions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:14 AM

    At first I thought that photo was of the vessel cooking up the spaghetti...I was thinking, "Ahhh...I'll pass on the food, but here's a donation just the same."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:16 AM

    I donated. I'm straight and proud of it, not threatened in the least by those different from me.

    As a further nod to the LGBT community, I will NOT set foot in the Anchorage Baptist Temple, even to honor Senator Ted Stevens at his funeral on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tyroanee9:27 AM

    Is it just me or does that burnt piece in front look a bit like the state of Alaska?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:41 PM

    It's just you. That big thing in the front is a side view of Bertrand Russell's face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:12 PM

    I hope they are so successful in their effort to raise funds, that it will allow them to build an even bigger and better float than before, and show the arsonist their efforts to distroy their float actually backfired on them. I wish for them the very best outcome on their fund raising effort.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.