Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Anne Hathaway gets it.

"Love is a human experience, not a political statement."

I had never seen this video of Anne Hathaway receiving the Human Rights Campaign’s Ally Award.

But once I had I KNEW I had to share it.

Personally I was struck by how casually she discussed her brother's sexuality and how little she felt it had affected her and her family.

A family like the one that she describes should be the kind that EVERY gay person has the opportunity to be born into, and for that matter every person who is also not gay in my opinion.

Lucky brother, lucky sister, lucky parents.

7 comments:

  1. Tania4:29 AM

    I hope I get in relatively high up in the comments before the rude starts. Anne Hathaway is all class. Always has been, always will. Notice she doesn't demonise the opposition. There is no point sinking to the level of those that have terrible ideas about the world.

    There's no reason to sink to the level of the Palin's. We are above them and their hate. It'd be good if more of us remembered that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:48 AM

      Exactly. Well put.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:39 AM

    Well spoken and true. Anne Hathaway is a lovely person and her family must be remarkable too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grey Lensman9:07 AM

      Absolutely.

      And luck has nothing to do with it.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8:58 AM

    That settles it- I am going to see the new Catwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:40 AM

    She is incredible, that video should Go Viral.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita Winecooler8:53 PM

    "I'm not being brave, I'm being a decent human being"

    And she quotes Heath Ledger:
    "I have not done enough to deserve this award, but I swear, the best is yet to come"

    What an admirable woman of honor!

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.