Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The ADN has an excellent graphic to illustrate the convictions handed down to the Alaska domestic terrorists yesterday.

Graphic courtesy of ADN.
I was perusing the various news sites that covered the trial and I stumbled across this from KTUU:

Cox became angry as the verdict was read, telling jurors, "The prosecutors withheld evidence from you guys." He looked at his wife Marti Cox and cried as bailiffs led him away, refusing to speak with reporters.

I know it may seem cruel but part of me is glad that Cox burst into tears as he finally understood that he was now headed to federal prison,  and that essentially his life was over. That is EXACTLY what you are supposed to feel when you are convicted of the kinds of criminal activity that Francis and his buddies engaged in.

You know when I was sixteen years old my father, who had worked as a sheriff's deputy in Arizona, told me of the things he had seen while dealing with prisoners in the correctional facilities there.  My dad held nothing back and told me stories that scared the shit right out of me.

I tried to play it off, and puffed up my chest to play the bad-ass.  But my Dad leaned right in and said, "Boy you may think you are the cock of the walk out here, but in that place it is wall to wall bad-asses who have nothing left to lose by cutting your dick off and choking you to death with it. And I have seen that very thing take place. I am sure you will fight, but eventually you will lose. You're a good kid, and it would break my heart to see you end up like that."

My dad was not always the best dad, but that was a very important thing to tell his often pugnacious oldest son. And it was something I never forgot.

All of my life I remembered what he said and I lived my live to avoid that consequence.  I was quick tempered and quite aggressive, but I respected the rule of law, and I made damn sure that I did not do ANYTHING which would put me behind bars.

Francis "Schaeffer" Cox would have been well served with similar parental advice from HIS father. But if he received any, Cox did not pay attention, and now he will suffer for his arrogance and lack of respect for the law.

And as far as I am concerned he deserves whatever fate awaits him there.

This case was very important NOT just because it got these criminal assholes off of the street, but also because it sends a message to OTHER potential sovereign citizen militia members and 2nd Amendment lunatics, that the rule of law is still in place, and that just because they don't respect law enforcement, it does not mean they cannot get thrown into a dank, isolated cell for the rest of their natural lives.

The other important outcome from this case is that it has re-energized the Feds, who had essentially lost their mojo  after the unfortunate Ted Stevens debacle, and now there is a MUCH stronger possibility that we will start to see federal investigations launched on a whole slew of very deserving Alaska criminal types.

And, to me at least, THAT is very good news indeed!

23 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Send this to retired Gen Wesley Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:42 PM

    Don't forget to watch Bristol's show next week. The title is "Baby Daddy Dilemma" wherein Bristol tries to arrange a meeting with Levi to discuss his future with Tripp.

    We will finally hear some truth instead of your manufactured bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. emrysa4:02 PM

      lol, truth does not factor into the palin world you blind, gullible sap.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:09 PM

      I thought all 7 of the prospective Baby Daddy's were taking DNA tests for that show.
      Most of us really could care less what the slut Brisket mumbles about.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous4:11 PM

      Bristol Palin wouldn't recognize the truth if it bit her in her big fake chin.

      Delete
    4. Anonymous4:17 PM

      Bristol Palin knows no truths. Why would anybody believe what she says on an UNREALITY show? As for 'BULLSHIT' you Palinbots are full of it.Tell the truth about TODD PIMP DADDY PALIN'S PROSTITUTION RING. CRICKETS. None of you PALINS will try to address Todd's PIMPIN'.
      The TRUTH HURTS, RIGHT?

      Delete
    5. Anonymous4:21 PM

      The Truth is that Bristol has been PREGNANT 3 times. Where are those other babies? Bristol is on her back more than she is on her Sausage toed feet. I wonder what happened to Bristol and DYLAN KOLVIG'S Baby?

      Delete
    6. lostinmn4:21 PM

      You still here Brisket? Go take that overused piece of your anatomy and take Gino for a ride - it's more fun that sitting here obsessing about everything Gryphen - hey - good to see you're up against NBA finals AND NCIS - only the real paint chips eaters and the crowd who likes to slow down for dead bodies on the freeway will be watching - ouch!

      Delete
    7. Anonymous4:53 PM

      I hope that the Massey Brothers shut down that stupid show. I've seen the papers for the Helping Hands "charity" which is registered in Delaware and seems to have an address in Fairbanks, Alaska. Some little know Los Angeles charity. Self-serving stage craft is more like it.

      Delete
    8. Anonymous6:09 PM

      "Baby Daddy Dilema"....doesn't that mean you don't know who the f.. knocked you up?

      Delete
  3. Not a lark or walk in the park anymore!! I will wait for comments from Cox's associates......crickets. But you know once the stink is on you, you can run but not hide from the Feds.

    I have one rule that I raised my son with....never call attention to yourself and for God's sake keep your wits about you.

    I feel sorry for Barney to a point...did he not know how dangerous the group had become? He put Cox first instead of his family...stupid stupid stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Alaska we have been patiently waiting for the Palin's convictions.

    Don't tease us like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. emrysa4:05 PM

    yep, this is good news gryphen... still wondering if the palins narced him out in exchange for being excused for their involvement in something nasty.

    also kind of wondering, given all the charges against cox, and the obvious fact that he's a nutbag, why his lawyer didn't talk him into claiming insanity. those charges carry some looooong terms, surely his lawyer knew the guy was going away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:07 PM

    Frances has a pretty smile. Too bad someone will soon knock out his fromt teeth so they can get a really deep throat blow job from the pretty boy.
    Yep, I have a couple of relatives that are prison guards too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:12 PM

    "Can't tell the players without a score-card" Great old saying ! Re that: Great news that this bastard will get what he deserves and more in prison, but I lost track of his connection to the Palin's - for those of us that don;t follow you everyday, can you fill us in Gryph, what was his association with sarah and todd ?

    Will those connections mean possible future prosecution of said palins ?

    Thanx !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O/T but Baldy related!

    Somebody left a link to a picture of Baldy with one of those over facelifted/botoxed joker face housewives chicks! WTF is Baldy wearing? Gryphen look at these "cloths"(Hi Toad...love your new show coming up...hope you don't get a hernia..your out of shape ASS!)

    http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/53518-pic-bethenny-frankel-meets-sarah-palin/1340124077_bethenny-frankel-467.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am shocked, shocked I say, that the Palins would be accused of cheating anyone out of proper compensation or stealing ideas and/or intellectual and creative property of others.

    I'm just shocked. I don't know what else to say, other than I'm shocked. Shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AJ Billings5:14 PM

    Federal prison is no joke, and Cox may end up with a 25 year sentence if he's lucky

    I bet he'd like to go back to this point in time
    and rethink his bullshit speech

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFOUqurUgFk

    Yeah, Schaeffer, something IS wrong, and it's your stupid idea to murder cops who haven't done anything to harm you.

    In that video he says all he wants is "to be free, and to have respect"

    I guess where he's going, he ain't gettin much freedom or respect.

    Prison can't be good for a small weakling white guy with a baby face

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:50 PM

    Here's something very odd. On Jeanne Devon's blog www.themudflats.net, she's got a piece up on the trial results (sorry am not able to post the link, but it is fresh). At the end (4th paragraph from the bottom) she is frantically dog-paddling, trying to defend the indefensible, comparing the guilty parties to Revolutionary War fighters who "attacked the government they found tyrannical".

    SORRY, but plotting to murder judges and other government officials was not part of the 1776-ers' plan!

    Usually such a reasonable person, WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER? I'm wondering if she is blinded by her association with Frank Bailey-and his possible connection to the conspirators- did anyone else read this? What do you think?

    Wild Tortoise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gasman8:21 PM

    In a rather rare burst of Karma, I suspect that in prison, Cox will be repaid for the abuse he heaped upon his wife tenfold. He's an arrogant little prick who will undoubtedly piss somebody off. I also suspect that he'll be the new bitch in town and passed around like a jug of cheap wine.

    Cox is going to be the newest on ramp on the highway of prison "love."

    I can't really say that I'm sorry at all for him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:29 PM

    OT Joe Miller takes $5,000 to go away.

    www.adn.com/2012/06/19/2511355/joe-miller-accepts-borough-offer.html

    Will need to invest wisely if he intends to visit the wife beater Schaeffer and his pals when they end up somewhere in the lower 48 in a federal pen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WakeUpAmerica11:15 PM

    Ha! Jimmie Kimmel disses Bristol's show. Also says her son's name, Tripp, is short for I got pregnant by a boy in a mullet on a camping TRIP.
    ROFLMAO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:39 AM

    O/T but related:

    Did anyone else know that JD is really good friends with Lizz Winstead (co-creator of the Daily Show)?

    So, JD, who has a LOT of information about Babygate, is good friends with someone who literally writes for one of the Biggest anti-LSM shows that ever existed?

    People said JD never allowed for Babygate discussions on her blog.

    I just thought it was an interesting find.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.