Thursday, May 09, 2013

This one is for you Trekkies.

Original Spock, Leonard Nimoy, schools newfangled Spock, Zachary Quinto, on the power of Spock.

I thought this was very imaginative and it is especially relevant to me because my daughter and I are big fans of the OLD Star Trek series, and when she was very little she used to lie in my bed and watch it with me before she would go to sleep back when they showed reruns every night before her bedtime.

The new Star Trek movie comes out the weekend after this next one, and I have been informed that I WILL be taking her, and we WILL see it at the IMAX theater here in town.

I also assume I WILL be paying for it, and I WILL sit in the middle of the theater where, according to my daughter, the civilized people sit to watch a film.

(Psst! Between you and me, I was going to see it anyway, but I just let her think she is calling the shots.)


8 comments:

  1. fromthediagonal4:04 AM

    Your daughter sounds like my young grandsons... and I love it, and them of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BabyRaptor4:42 AM

    I think I'm the only person on the planet who actually likes sitting in the front.

    I can't explain this preference, so feel free to just give me a weird look. But I do actually prefer the closer up seats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a Star Trek fan from the first episode. I couldn’t believe how literate it was! Until then, my SF itch had to be scratched by junk like Lost in Space. I started gauging the intelligence of my friends by whether or not they understood Star Trek. That was probably unfair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you I remember the first episodes and those thereafter. I think this series gave me a realization that being different was acceptable.....brave new world! I miss the 60's!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:32 AM

    that made me laugh so hard. i CANT WAIT TILL THE MOVIE. i love the anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. vegaslib9:31 AM

    Can't wait, hubby and I will be there for the IMAX show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too. And it's opening on my birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita Winecooler6:54 PM

    This brought back some great memories.
    We grew up watching Star Trek and witnessed the first man on the moon, and the evolution of Space Travel. I remember seeing the gadgets of the future portrayed in "Star Trek" (and "James Bond" and "The Jetsons") and thought "Wouldn't it be great.."
    We've come a long way technology wise, but I miss that sense of awe and wonder.
    If only we had the transporter... there's a list of folks I'd love to "Beam Up"

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.