Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Probably the least adversarial and most humorous discussion concerning the existence of God that you will ever see.

Courtesy of the You Tube site:

Man has debated the existence of God for centuries, so while we probably won't settle things in a few minutes on a late-night talk show, we'll be damned if we aren't gonna try. John Fugelsang and Jamie Kilstein attempt to hash it out once and for all.

I would say that just about everybody can enjoy this conversation regardless of which side of the debate you find yourself. 

I have to admit that I was surprised to learn that John Fugelsang was a theist, but considering his parentage perhaps he simply had no choice. However I do have to say that he is the kind of believer who I think it would be a blast to hang out with, and even discuss religion with.

7 comments:

  1. This was wonderful. I think the point that there can be 'fundamentalist atheists' is a good one also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eclecticsandra8:25 AM

    I thought you would enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...I was surprised to learn that John Fugelsang was a theist..." I love to hear him argue down other rabid Christians when he can quote chapter and verse off the top of his head. I originally thought he was at least agnostic. I don't think he has his head in the sand about religion and who knows he may eventually conclude that it is all a grand hoax played by organized religion on vulnerable people in order to capture them as theocratic slaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:04 AM

    Not really a fair debate (not that it was meant to be) when the "moderator" was obviously taking the side of the Theist!

    Why were they inferring that there are a lot of atheist "dicks" out there? I can think of only one well known atheist who might qualify (Hitchens), but I can think of a lot of famous religious "dicks". James Dobson, Jimmy Swaggert, Pat Robertson, Jim Bakker, Jim Jones, David Koresh, Jerry Falwell, Warren Jeffs, the entire Westboro Baptist Church congregation. The list goes on and on........and atheists are supposedly to be the dicks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:23 AM

    Thanks for posting, Gryphen, that was very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita Winecooler5:45 PM

    funny, and so many nuggets of truth. "My mother was a sister and my Father was a brother - kind of like cheating on your first husband". The way the Feug described Jesus and corrected Kirk Cameron about his skin color, using a bible quote made me laugh.

    The ideas that you HAVE to believe in something and calling Atheism a "religion" have always perplexed me.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.