Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A rap guide to Evolution. Six minutes of pure brilliance.

Cynic, skeptic, a man of no faith, I have been called them all.

But in truth I am just a man who feels driven to brush away the fallacies and myths in order to better appreciate the miracle of life that is all around me.

And what better way to appreciate then to realize that I am a part of it all, as wondrous as the star matter which whirls around inside of me, and as simple as the individual cells that give me this shell to call me own.

I don't need religion to tell me I am special, I already know that.

In fact so are we all.



I would never let anything as provincial as a god, or a pantheon of gods, come between me and the magnificence of our universe.

Nor, in my opinion, should any of us.

4 comments:

  1. This is where we differ. I’m convinced of some sort of afterlife. My father told stories of seeing ghosts, and I know I’ve been in presence of them. Members of my extended family admit to seeing them. My husband was a Catholic turned Agnostic until he had an out-of-body experience.

    This ability has nothing to do with being holy. One of the ghost seeing relatives is a total jerk. I think people crafted and grafted religions onto a real phenomenon for their own benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should probably add that I know evolution and an afterlife is not the same thing, but I believe in both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHARON7:51 AM

    Well I think we would all agree that the GOP missed the evolution train and instead of trying to get on at another stop, they choose to walk backward. Darwin was way ahead of his time but damn I think he nailed it. There are millions of religions created to make sense of the wonderment surrounding primitive man....the key is to grow up, educate yourself...use critical thinking. If you believe that life is energy and can neither be created or destroyed it follows that all life is simply a cycle, ever changing and "evolving."
    I love the idea for women not to sleep with mean men is great....the GOP greed train has stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The need for significance, for feeling "special", is the basis for religion's appeal, feeling chosen, "right", etc., and the basis for advertising's successful manipulations.

    Realizing there is only process of which we are a minute part relieves us of the need for feeling any special significance, is known as Liberation, Enlightenment.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.