Monday, December 15, 2014

Samuel L. Jackson issues a challenge to his fellow celebrities to sing out against "racist police."

Courtesy of The Free Thought Project:  

In a bold move, heavyweight actor Samuel L. Jackson has issued a call to action, similar to that of the ice bucket challenge, but for police. 

Saturday, on his facebook page, Jackson offers to “all [the] celebrities that poured ice water on [their] head, a chance to do something else.” 

Jackson challenges celebrities to sing the “We ain’t gonna stop, till people are free” song. 

The song starts off with a reference to Eric Garner’s last words. 

I can hear my neighbor cryin’ ‘I can’t breathe’ 
Now I’m in the struggle and I can’t leave. 
Callin’ out the violence of the racist police. 
We ain’t gonna stop, till people are free. 
We ain’t gonna stop, till people are free. 

Jackson then ends the 47 second challenge asking celebrities to “come on, sing it out.” 

I don;t know if the police can ignore this.

After all that IS Nick Fury. 

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:52 AM

    I hope this gets some traction!
    Tick tock, Sarah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever it takes to get it done......cause this protest is not gonna go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's important that we don't paint all police with the same brush.

    Not all police are corrupt.

    Not all police are racist.

    That is the problem and will be the challenge in instituting change.

    We must all remember (and them too) that they are human beings, just like us. They have just chosen a very difficult job to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:20 AM

    I'm glad I was born white because I'd fear the police forces across the nation were I black. What we are seeing and hearing from police in Missouri is frightening as can be. t it!

    We are an ugly racist nation and have not changed much since Martin Luther King. Can hardly wait to see the movie "Selma". It is so timely!

    I also abhor the way President Obama has been treated since the day after he took his first oath. McConnell is the worst racist in the U.S. Congress!

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.