Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hey remember that time that a Fox and Friends co-host almost killed a drummer with an axe?


Some of you may have seen a short clip of this last night on the Daily Show, for their moment of zen, but there is actually a whole lot more to the story.

Here is Mediaite for the 411 from the drummer himself:  

"I was hit by an axe while performing a drum solo live on National TV…..words I never imagined saying! This happened last Sunday and I have been reluctant to post but starting to receive inquiries from concerned family and friends. I am thankful to God that the double sided blade only hit broadside on the outer elbow with significant impact and a couple of cuts as it fell along my wrist. It could have been much worse or fatal. Focusing on full physical and emotional recovery."

Pressed for more information by friends and family, he elaborated: 

"My leadership told me they were told there would be no axe throwing. I think the anchor person went rogue and decided to throw it. He had only thrown it once before in practice for an upcoming segment and they told him to throw it with more force. The vid you see is edited showing the Televised portion of the throw and then edited to a portion that was taken on someone’s phone of us being videoed. The part that was actually televised showed the overthrown axe and then segued to us for the drum solo bump, only showing me walking behind the section holding my arm. The actual part where the axe hit me was not televised. Poor decision, obvious negligence, should not have happened, could have been avoided. When shooting or throwing, always know what is behind your target. Basic safety rule. I’m feeling blessed on Father’s day with my 5 children, alive, and with all limbs."

The host was this guy, Pete Hegseth:

 Who probably should not be allowed to handle sharp objects.

The drummer was part of a marching band from West Point and I am sure he did not consider that his life might be in danger when Fox News asked them to play as part of their Flag Day celebration.

But hey it's fucking Fox News, and since we know they have no journalistic integrity, why would we think they might worry about protecting bystanders from flying axes?

16 comments:

  1. Anita Winecooler4:41 PM

    The clip I saw left me gobsmacked. Chris Hayes had it on yesterday. Thanks for "the rest of the story". So he was told there would be no axe throwing ahead of time and this waste of skin went "rogue" and happened to hit a US Marine, father of five and a pretty inspiring human being. Isn't there a law against assault and battery? I'm once again amazed that he didn't press charges against the idiot and the idiot's employer and didn't speak through a lawyer.

    Why is anyone tossing an axe in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal Sage5:57 PM

      At least when Ed Ames threw a tomahawk, it hit a cut-out of a man. Thus came one of the all-time best rejoinders from quick-witted Johnny Carson: "Welcome to Frontier Bris."

      This was not funny at all. But FOX News(?) has no sense of humor or sense of propriety. Yet, NBC demotes an anchor for telling tall tales. This guy should be sent to Bumfuckistan for this.

      Delete
    2. Anita Winecooler6:03 PM

      So true, I heard Brian Williams is to get a spot on MSNBC, so I guess there's some chance at redemption and second chances. But where's their second chance for Martin Bashir?

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:55 PM

    Hegseth & FOX = fucking idiots that should be banned from America!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:55 PM

    WTF???!!!
    FIRST RULE for anyone throwing/shooting anything is to make sure there is nobody in the way.
    First rule for people putting up targets to be shot at: do NOT place it where someone might inadverdently walk into the path of the projectile OR BEHIND the target!!!

    Leave it to Faux Noise, (or Fox Noose) to violate both!
    Glad that there were no serious consequences!

    Shouldn't this guy be charged with assault with a deadly weapon? I am pretty sure, if this thrower had been a black member of our society, he would not be walking around a free man anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:08 AM

      First rule should be: never throw an axe.
      Beaglemom

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5:28 PM

    I suppose he'll issue an apology: "I am truly sorry if my bad aim caused anyone to be slightly injured. That was certainly not my intent, and if anyone is upset, I apologize. Next time I will listen to the producer and throw it better."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:39 PM

    What a total A@@. He just shrugged like: Oh, what can I say? I tried.

    I wonder at the time of the filming we see if he knew that he had hit someone. I imagine the Marine didn't make a lot of noise, and as we can see, even tried to continue drumming.

    Am glad he's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randall5:43 PM

    Not only does FOX have no journalistic integrity
    ...they have no integrity what so ever.
    They also have no shame,
    no sense of fair-mindedness,
    no judgement,
    no understanding of the difference between right and wrong,
    no dignity,
    no honor...
    what am I leaving out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:45 PM

    This kind of bullshit behavior is despicable! Hegseth will laugh it off.
    I would love to bitch slap the fucking POS!
    We have no consideration nor common sense ! Wtf. Hegseth you are a moron.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:58 PM

    Hillary can distinguish herself from Obama while preserving his brand and elevating herself to national savior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:31 PM

      And there you are! The pee pond thinks Queen Heifer would sweep the floor with Hillary; they even went this far:

      Pete Petrecich
      Donald Trump - John The Baptist
      Sarah Palin - Jesus Christ

      Yes, they really ARE that foolish!

      Delete
  9. Anonymous6:33 PM

    Crap, if they are going to throw axes at people on the Faux set, why-oh-why can't they throw one at Sarah Palin?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:33 AM

    I wonder if this anchor is also another one of those "responsible gun owners" Fox likes to talk about?

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.