Did you notice how quickly the Fox News reporter changed the subject?
Apparently that works with their viewers.
Not with us though.
Here is more courtesy of WaPo:
The U.S. military released a compendium of jihadi video Friday that it said showed “the sort of intelligence information” Navy SEALs seized in a deadly Jan. 29 raid in Yemen. There was just one problem: The clip included 10-year-old footage.
The video was released to the media midday as U.S. military officials said it was obtained in the search of a compound operated by al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), a terrorist group that has previously planned attacks in Western nations.
“The videos released today are samples of a series of detailed, do-it-yourself lessons intended for aspiring terrorist bomb-makers and included an exhortation to use those techniques to attack the West,” U.S. Central Command officials said in a news release. “The full-length videos, from which these clips were extracted, were taken from a computer seized by U.S. Special Operations service members during the raid.”
Air Force Col. John J. Thomas, a U.S. Central Command spokesman, said the video was taken down based on the reaction it received through social media. One clip in particular was previously published in 2007. The Pentagon had scheduled a 2 p.m. news briefing to discuss the raid, but canceled it after realizing the problem with the video, which already had aired on cable television news broadcasts and circulated online.
Thomas went on to explain that the Pentagon was not trying to deceive the public by lying about the footage, which of course completely contradicts their earlier claim, and that they cannot share the ACTUAL information they captured cause it's all super secret classified and everything.
So apparently the Trump administration's penchant for releasing fake news has now trickled down to the military.
Good to know.