The president is losing support among independent voters and groups which are important parts of his base. Approval ratings are:
- Negative 29 - 63 percent among independent voters, down from a negative 38 - 56 percent April 19;
- A split among white voters with no college degree, as 47 percent approve and 46 percent disapprove, compared to a 57 - 38 percent approval April 19;
- White men go from a 53 - 41 percent approval April 19 to a split today with 48 percent approving and 46 percent disapproving.
- 61 - 33 percent that he is not honest, compared to 58 - 37 percent April 19;
- 56 - 41 percent that he does not have good leadership skills, little change;
- 59 - 38 percent that he does not care about average Americans, compared to 57 - 42 percent April 19;
- 66 - 29 percent that he is not level-headed, compared to 63 - 33 percent last month;
- 62 - 35 percent that he is a strong person, little change;
- 56 - 41 percent that he is intelligent, compared to 58 - 38 percent;
- 64 - 32 percent that he does not share their values, compared to 61 - 35 percent.
"The erosion of white men, white voters without college degrees and independent voters, the declaration by voters that President Donald Trump's first 100 days were mainly a failure and deepening concerns about Trump's honesty, intelligence and level headedness are red flags that the administration simply can't brush away," Malloy added.
Keep in mind this poll was taken BEFORE Trump fired James Comey.
Just imagine how much lower they will be in the next poll.
The only problem I have with these numbers is that I know Trump cares more about his popularity than perhaps any other president before him, and it frightens me to think what he might do to raise his numbers among his ignorant base in response.
Remember, the last time his numbers were this low he dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb we have on Afghanistan.
By the way this tidbit of information was also the result of this Quinnipiac poll.
I am having such a hard time understanding how ANYBODY comes up with "strong" or "leader" when describing this incompetent lying idiot.Quinnipiac asked people what word first came to mind when they thought about Trump. https://t.co/ks0UauOs9O pic.twitter.com/HQ3bYWhD16— Philip Bump (@pbump) May 10, 2017