Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The least surprising story of the week.

Republican Fred Thompson, the actor-politician who attracted more attention as a potential presidential candidate than as a real one, quit the race for the White House on Tuesday after a string of poor finishes in early primary and caucus states.

"Today, I have withdrawn my candidacy for president of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort," the former Tennessee senator said in a brief statement.

I have absolutely no idea why the Republicans wanted him to run, nor do I have any idea why he agreed. He was never a serious contender.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, and Sam Waterson said it monthes ago....The SHOW must go on ( I don;t think they were keeping a seat warm for him - hehe..I don't think his co workers love him much.....oye..remember a mere 7 monthes ago - the Media could NOT Love him enuf....oh well...lovehim and leave him....)

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.