Friday, October 03, 2008

Okay this article in Time magazine makes me feel MUCH better.

Some polls are suggesting that after gaining an initial bump, McCain's campaign is being hobbled by Sarah Palin's vice-presidential candidacy. The voters who are deserting her fastest, some of whom are even calling on her to withdraw, are mostly women.

Ah, women, the consistently, tragically underestimated constituency. What the Democrats learned during the primaries and the Republicans might now be finding out the hard way, I learned at my very academic, well-regarded all-girls high school: that is never to discount the ability of women to open a robust, committed, well-thought-out vat of hatred for another girl.

Women are weapons-grade haters. Hillary Clinton knows it. Palin knows it too. When women get their hate on, they don't just dislike, or find disfavor with, or sort of not really appreciate. They loathe — deeply, richly, sustainingly. I do not say this to disparage my gender; women also love in more or less the same way.

Now this article was obviously written BEFORE last nights debate, but as I learned from many very vocal female commenter's who visited this site yesterday, Sarah Palin's little show did not impress them ONE LITTLE BIT.

I argued that Palin was able to give the Right Wing the ability to argue that Palin is better when she is talking to the American people and not so good when the so-called "liberal media" interviews her. I also argued that from a male perspective she may have gained a lot of points by acting flirtatious toward the cameras, winking like a prostitute picking up a john, and using words like "betcha" and "gotcha".

But what I learned from the ladies who called me to task for daring to suggest that by some definitions she may have actually performed well, was that THEY were supremely unimpressed by her antics.

This article just reinforces the fact that for the women who have seen right through Sarah's little act, there will be no recovery for Palin after this debate. Though she may have made some men forgive her past sins, she more then likely just made the women who dislike her, dislike her even more! So the only women who will support Sarah Palin and John McCain in November, are the women who were ALWAYS going to support her no matter what.

So now having spent all day fretting over what this debate will mean to the election, I am very confident that it will not do a damn thing for McCain! And that the reason it will have no real impact must be credited to the woman voters in this country.

Thanks ladies!

4 comments:

  1. I ain't no dummy Gryphen!

    LOL!

    Thanks for letting me know you posted this. I am watching Countdown and the GOP ain't letting her off the leash 'til election day. They know she sucked at the debate. What better way to really show it.

    They were pissing their pants up until showtime, feel like (thanks to so some asshole "pundits" who act like they didn't see the same Hindenburg of a debate I did) they dodged a bullet, and are NOT going to take any more chances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH and you are SOOOO welcome!

    Not that your points weren't valid, too, mind you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:38 PM

    You learned these things in high school, which means that you understand that Sarahpoleon never really left. She's just like a mean teenager because she still is one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:09 PM

    This article made me chuckle...because I see myself in it. When the topic of the debate came up at work today, I ended up ranting for several minutes straight about how much I despise Palin and why. I think I scared my co-workers, because they've always thought of me as a laid-back, peaceable sort...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.