Monday, March 23, 2009

Barack Obama on 60 Minutes.

Part One.


Watch CBS Videos Online

I did not get a chance to see this when it originally aired because I am much too young to watch 60 minutes.

However I DID keep seeing that clip of Obama laughing over the question of how little support he is receiving to bail out the auto industry. But of course when you see it in context, and realize that he has been fairly jovial throughout the interview, it is quite understandable. As a matter of fact I found it comforting that he seemed so calm and cool about such a serious problem.

And I LOVED his response to Dick Cheney's criticism of his administration. His point about how many terrorists have actually been brought to justice is dead on!

Part Two.

Watch CBS Videos Online

This contains more of the personal side of President Obama and how he is adjusting to his job.

His compassion and honesty are apparent throughout.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:40 PM

    G.
    thanks for that. I haven't liked all of the decisions he's made, but its a blessing to have someone who can think and articulate in power.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:49 PM

    About the Cheney comments. The Huffpo has a story posted that says the GOP is telling Cheney to STOP giving interviews. He is 'bad' for the Party and their image.Nobody wanted to be seen/linked with Bush during the Election and now the GOP wants Cheney to go hide. Aren't they proud of their record over the last 8 years..? Who knew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you missed seeing it first hand, but glad you got it on video....your youth is hard on you... lol

    I think it was stupid and is stupid to pick at him about his being "punch drunk" as Steve Kroft put it.

    Pres. Obama called it Gallows humor.. I have always called it black humor... it's why a cop or ambulance attendant sometimes laughs at an accident site. You laugh to keep from crying sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one do not believe the auto industry should be bailed out. I think what it is experiencing right now is what the steel industry experienced in the '70s.

    I lived near the huge steel plants that were on the southeast side of Chicago and in Gary, Indiana. My extended family and the families of friends worked in the steel mills, just like the way thousands of people are employed by the auto industry. I know many who immigrated from Poland just to work in the plants.

    The plants are shut down now and have been for a long time. No one, I mean NO ONE, talked about bailing out anyone way back then.

    Many men lost their jobs (and I say men because it was men who worked in the steel mills back in the day) but the families survived and became stronger. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom in order to rise again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:15 PM

    yes, the 'compassion and honesty' our President exudes are SO refreshing; I still cannot fathom how anyone could be anything but supportive of his efforts and strides toward national health. What an unusually good human being... imagine, a thinker/listener in the WhiteHouse!

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.