Saturday, March 14, 2009

Keith Olbermann talks to John Dean about Seymour Hersh's allegations that Dick Cheney ran an assassination ring out of the White House.

First Howard Fineman helps Keith define the allegation and discuss what it might mean for the Obama administration and the Leahy Truth Commission.






Then John Dean comes on to discuss the legal complexities of this allegation.




There is literally NOTHING that I could learn about Dick Cheney and the Bush administration that could shock me anymore. In my opinion they were capable of ANYTHING!

Seymour Hersh has an incredible track record for accuracy. He has been the point man on numerous stories that were considered unbelievable by the public at large, the abuses at Abu Ghraib is the first example that springs to mind.

The Obama administration needs to stop standing in the background and come out in support of Patrick Leahy's Truth Commission. It is time to hold these criminals accountable and allow the American citizens see you do it!

We voted for change, and part of that change was a return to justice.

When I cast my vote for Barack Obama, I did so in part because I believed that Obama, above all other candidates, had the backbone to go after this administration for their criminal avitivity. I would hate to be proven wrong.

4 comments:

  1. I really hope that the Bush administration is fully investigated. There is nothing that would surprise me at this point when it comes to them.

    If the Obama administration won't pursue it, what about international courts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:36 AM

    I, too, want Bush-Cheney to be held accountable. As a Democrat, I never understood why we didn't impeach them. In 2000, they took over the government with a coup, assisted by the Supreme Court, and trampled the Geneva Convention and our Constitution, hiding behind 9/11 as their shield.

    Sy Hersch is an excellent journalist; I am certain he would not make such a claim without the information to back it tup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:50 AM

    When I heard this allegation, I wondered why it was an allegation, because I thought it was out in the open that the US had a list of people to "get rid of"...remember the deck of cards thing?

    I also assume the worst with Bush/Cheney, and I've attributed some major evil to them in my own mind, hopefully beyond what actually occured. (I mean, I hope they didn't actually do as much evil stuff as I think they did)

    I'm all for world-court stuff to occur, if our own US government is squeamish about taking care of it. I'm convinced at the very least that war crimes occurred and should be punished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:24 AM

    If Sy wrote it, then it's fact.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.