Monday, September 21, 2009

Help Max Blumenthal receive the Alaska Bloggers bump.

Max Blumentahl, writer of the amazing book "Republican Gomorrah" is coming to Alaska. But we need your help.

We need to raise money for Max's plane tickets and accommodations while he is here in town.

Phil Munger has a PayPal button over at Progressive Alaska, and donations are very welcome.

Max is obviously in search of the much sought after "Alaska bloggers bump". Sure Stephen Colbert has had some small impact on the careers of the people that appear on his show, but the Alaska Bloggers are truly magical.

Just like Eric Boehlert of "Bloggers on the Bus", and Geoffrey Dunn (who is currently writing a book on Sarah Palin and Alaska politics), Max Blumenthal knows that spending a few days in the presence of the Alaska Bloggers will ensure a dramatic increase in book sales.

So if you can help, please do, and thank you from the bottom of my heart. We could not do what we do without the wonderful support of our readers.

(BTW information concerning the veracity of the "Alaska Blogger Bump" phenomena is still in the coalescing stage, and is not yet readily available. But I FEEL that it is true, so it must be so.)


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:20 AM

    Aloha from Southeast Alaska - thanks again to those who are sharing Alaska's hospitality wagon, again. Max gets my bump with a "virtual welcome mat" from my yard (zen garden) anytime!

    Alaskan Sisu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Whoever printed the flyer misspelled "Turnagain." It's not "Turnagan."

    Don't you just hate smart progressives? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Gryph!

    There are a lot of bumps in the roads Alaska progressive bloggers tread , but getting your readers' support is a great shock absorber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:48 PM

    just a question from a Chicagoan...I tried to buy this book and the lady at the Borders I went to told me it had come out LAST year....I suspect sabotage. Am I paranoid? Or what? I'm addicted to Sarah Palin's FB page -- a harrowing read for sure, but addictive -- and I can see those people, if they worked in bookstores, doing something like, lying about a book called Republican Gomorrah, as a kind of sabotage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:20 PM

    @3:48, whatever-- I hope you will still buy it somewhere else. It's a great read. I've given my copy to my husband and sent another copy to my parents. If you are a progressive, and are baffled by Christian teabaggers and Sarah Palin, you've got to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. crystalwolf aka caligrl4:21 PM

    Hi Gryphen I am glad that someone like Max will be on Shannyn's show this Saturday :) Yea!
    However I would like to remind you guys you have a courageous woman right in your neighborhood! Leah Burton, writing her second book co-written with "Dogemperor" a walkaway from the Movement, and Frank Schaffer "crazy for god" is helping Leah also. Lets not forget without Leah's BRAVE testimony you guys might have WAR as AG!!!
    I would love to hear Leah on Shannyn's show sometime. Meanwhile I will be looking foreward to Saturday :)
    Go Shannyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:49 AM

    Gryphen -

    At your advice, I read "Republican Gomorrah." Just finished it this morning. Wow. I had NO IDEA how the RRight had infiltrated the Repuglicans and how they pulled the strings. This is a must-read. Every sentence is fact-filled; it makes your head hurt.

    One thing is for sure: Unless there is a complete turnaround and the GOP stops being God's_Own_Party, I have voted for my last Repuglican - ever. A third party would definitely get my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SoCalWolfGal7:44 AM

    I finished Max's book yesterday on the plane from Chicago back to San Diego. This book is a must read for anyone, anywhere who is trying to understand what is happening to our country, and more specifically to the Republican Party. To say that Max has written a most informative, revealing inside look at the right wing nuts is a vast understatement. Growing up in a strict Southern Baptist family, I was aware of the religious right's total obsession with sex and their vitreolic hatred of gays and lesbians. However, I had no clue of the number of Republicans who are "in the closet". The fact that so many members of the GOP is living a total lie can explain the knee-jerk reaction concerning "the enemy" as they view it. Please everyone, do youself a favor and read this book. It will truly open your eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.