|"My plan worked out perfectly. I wonder what would happen if I jumped out of a dark corner and yelled BOO?"|
I've seen several articles mentioning your name as a possible running mate for John McCain this election year. I was completely opposed to Hilary getting the nomination, so I'm glad that she didn't get the nomination, but I firmly believe this country is going to vote for a white man over a black man, regardless of the change policies Obama is marketing, and regardless of John McCain's qualifications.
It is almost like racists have a certain sixth sense about who is one of their own, don'tcha think?
Also keep in mind that this was less than a month and a half after Palin supposedly gave birth to Trig.
P.S. Thanks for all of the links to interesting e-mails you all have sent me. I am just now starting to work my way through them. So far the most fascinating part are the redactions, and where they show up.
Update: Here is another very interesting e-mail from ADN reporter Lisa Demer (She was the one who dogged Palin about the rumors that Trig was not her son, until Pat Dougherty pulled her off the story after Palin threw a fit.) about Palin's financial disclosures back in March of 2009.
From: Demer, Lisa
To: Leighow, Sharon W (GOV)
Sent: Thu Mar 19 19:34:29 2009
Subject: Financial Disclosure
Hi Sharon, We’re planning to do a story on Friday about Gov. Palin’s financial disclosure, maybe as part of the ethics story but more likely as a separate story. Would it be possible to talk with the governor about it?
The main questions, at this point, are:
- Why does she have a debt for legal bills to begin with? I know the state contracted with Tom Van Flein initially to represent the governor and some of her staff in Troopergate. How and why did that become the governor’s personal responsibility? Did that surprise her?
- How much is the debt precisely?
- How does she intend to pay it? Does she have liabilty insurance to cover that?
- Why didn’t she list any tax obligation to the IRS, since she has to pay taxes on the per diem?
- Why not list debt to the state for children’s travel?
- I remember reading that Bristol had gotten boxes and boxes of baby gifts, delivered to the family’s home. Why weren’t those listed?
- What does the governor intend to do with the uncashed checks? Will any be sent to SarahPac? - On gifts, what does "estimate - for distribution" mean?
- Which pair of glasses were a gift? When did the governor wear them? ( any public appearance?)
- Regarding campaign spending, is the total for children’s travel $17,937 and for Todd $16,741? It wasn’t quite clear whether Todd’s was included in the $17,937 or in addition to it. Thanks much, Lisa Demer
This line of questioning seems to throw the Palin camp into a mild panic and almost everything that they discuss about complying with Demer is redacted.
It also doesn't appear that they provided Demer with the information she asked for, as this was the story that appeared on Friday March 20, under her byline.
I don't believe that some of Demer's questions, like proof that the ethics charges created huge financial bills for her, have EVER been backed up with any data.