Saturday, July 14, 2012

Flash mobs are not just for the young.

Rockers of Ages Elders Choir performing a rendition of Coldplay's "Fix You."

To learn more about this group of feisty senior citizens you can visit their website here.

Here is a brief description:

These groups sing songs from around the world as well as fun and funky songs from the last five decades in harmony. It is a chance to have a lot of fun, and it really doesn't matter what your voice is like, or whether you think you can sing or not. Every practice includes a time for a cup of tea and a chance to get to know each other. Music is provided, but you don't need to be able to read music. There are NO AUDITIONS. 

  • If you can't sing, you will be taught to sing. 
  • If you have lost your voice, you will be helped to get it back. 
  • If you need help with transport we will pick you up. 
  • If you have a disability, we will accommodate it. 
  • If not now, when? 

Although this group is aimed at meeting the needs of older adults, anyone is welcome to come along.

They were a little off tune a couple of times, but all in all that was pretty sweet.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:35 AM

    That was wonderful. This gives me hope for when I get younger.

    Too bad that this group is in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:08 AM

    That was fun...flash mobs aren't always bad...here in corpus Christi, we have something called a "cash mob" started by a young lady...people suggest local small businesses and once a month one is picked. A day is announced and members of the Facebook group show up and spend at least $10. I think, like this flash mob, its a great way to do good in your community...not the same I know, but this post reminded me of it and I wanted share

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Have you seen this? If not, do!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjnfoFg7i7g

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:37 AM

    The song is one of my favorites...Lights will guide you home. Whenever life seems difficult, I am sure to play it, and I know that the wonderful people in my life will offer a soft place to land.

    ReplyDelete
  5. physicsmom11:44 AM

    Gryph, I love it when you post these. Flash mobs are so heartwarming, and this one especially so. I wish there was a branch (or branches) here in the US, I'd join even though my larnyx is damaged (I can hum).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita Winecooler10:28 PM

    Thank You for sharing! I hope I'm still as active and involved in life when/if I reach their age!

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.