Monday, December 23, 2013

Elizabeth Warren lends her support to Texas gubernatorial hopeful Wendy Davis. Oh it's on now.

Photo courtesy of Tim Pierce
Courtesy of HuffPo:

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) sent out a fundraising email in support of Davis Saturday morning, praising Davis as someone who is "not afraid of a tough fight."

Here is the letter in full:  

When Wendy Davis stood up on the floor of the Texas Senate for nearly 13 hours to block a radical anti-choice bill, I wanted to give her a Texas-sized high-five. 

The next day, I called Wendy to let her know that the whole country was cheering her on. I told her to keep fighting for all of us – and we would keep fighting for her. 

Six months later, our champion Wendy is running for governor of Texas. She's not afraid of a tough fight, and neither are we. 

Wendy's team is trying to raise $500,000 by December 31st – and she needs our help. Can you give $5 or more to help Wendy reach her goal? 

The GOP knows that Wendy Davis is special, and they are scared that her victory in 2014 could turn the tide against Republican victories in Texas. National Republicans have already dumped an astonishing $21 million into her opponent's campaign war chest. 

I know it sounds tough to overcome odds like that. But I want you to remember something: When I decided to run for the Senate, Scott Brown already had a $10 million in the bank, and Wall Street was ready to spend bazillions more to help him. Lots of people said we couldn't win. 

But we outraised him, we out-worked him, and last November we won thanks to your incredible grassroots support. 

Wendy has fought the failed leadership in Texas time and time again, no matter what the critics and skeptics say. That's what she'll keep doing throughout her campaign, and that's what she'll do as governor of Texas. 

Grassroots support is critical in Wendy's race. If she's going to win this fight, she needs us. Let's help her team raise $500,000 before 2014. Give $5 – or whatever you can – today. 

You may not know this, but I have a special place in my heart for Texas. I'm a University of Houston graduate, and I spent nearly ten years teaching first at UH and then at UT-Austin. We still have lots of family around the state – so I'm doing some very personal campaigning for Wendy. 

The Texans I know want the same thing that all of us want: a fair shot and a level playing field to succeed. 

That's what Wendy Davis is going to fight for each and every day as governor of Texas. 

Don't wait – make a contribution to her campaign right now. 

Thank you for being a part of this, Elizabeth

I don't think that there are two more popular liberals in the Democratic party than these women right now, and to have them combine forces should send a shiver of icy fear up the spine of the Texas GOP.

I think the future of the Democratic party resides with our women, and I am totally cool with that, because they are certainly ready to kick some serious ass.

I am very excited about this 2014 race in Texas, and I think that  Davis deserves as much of our support, both verbal and monetary, as she can get.

12 comments:

  1. Chenagrrl3:02 PM

    Done my donatin' to Dem women through actblue. I am so done with this GOP slimeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:15 PM

    "Oh it's on now." Big Time! It would be wonderful to see these two women together on a regular basis on the Sunday talk shows taking on whomever the other side wants to put up against them. Perry & Cruz/Santorum/Huckabee/etc. ouch!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heading for Act Blue right this minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline in San Jose3:32 PM

    Thanks for the info, Gryphen. Donating $5 is something even I can do, and I've been out of work quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gave to Wendy and to Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:47 PM

    I don't usually send money to candidates outside my state, but I think I'll make an exception in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:25 PM

    I don't know what I can add except the truth. We are desperate for help in Texas. The absolute ignorance of the men that are currently in office just boggles the mind. One of the few exceptions is David Dewhurst. The Republicans in some positions are certifiably insane in my opinion.

    TEXASMEL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO glad to see this. Let Hillary run by herself, she’s got her plan, which includes lots of males, and it likely doesn’t include Warren. But Warren is valuable and so is Davis. Go smart ladies! We can all have a drink at the end of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anita Winecooler6:40 PM

    Fox News and GOP heads will explode! I love this! Liz Warren's endorsement is HUGE! While the idjits are whining about the war on Christmas, we might as well start pitching in on Act Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abo gato2:32 AM

    As a San Antonian, I have donated several times so far, to Wendy and will keep giving. We need her to win, not just run. You out of staters ought to think about helping out Leticia Van De Putte too. She is running with Wendy as the Lt. Governor. She has a tremendous following with Veterans and Hispanics in South Texas. The two of them at the top of Texas? Blue, baby, Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne in Texas10:56 AM

    I have donated several times too, and will continue to. Also signed up for volunteer work. Abo gato mentions Van De Putte - if you can afford it, throw her a few bucks too. For god's sake we need a miracle here in Texas. Maybe I can stay a little longer if things change.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.