Sunday, March 16, 2014

This might be my favorite Obamacare advertisement yet.

Courtesy of Mediaite:  

The mothers of Jonah Hill, Alicia Keys, Adam Levine and Jennifer Lopez appear in the two-minute video, entitled “#YourMomCares,” alongside a conclusion from First Lady Michelle Obama. The moms recall stories about the childhood personalities of their famous kids before explaining the importance of getting insured. 

“Trust me: us moms put up with a lot,” said Hill’s mother Sharon Feldstein. “But one thing we should never have to put up with is our kid not having health care. Seriously, do you want your mothers to have a nervous breakdown? You need health insurance. It’s imperative. Taking care of yourself so your mothers can sleep and have a nice life after all they’ve done for you is not too much to ask.” 

Michelle Obama ends the video by delivering the age-old motherly adage: “We nag you because we love you.”

You know when I was a teenager nobody could get me to do ANYTHING I did not want to do. You could not bribe me, or trick me, or threaten me into anything.

However my mom  had no such problem and she was able to manipulate the snot out of me and get me to do exactly what she wanted.

After all it's your mom, without her you are nothing. Literally.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Anonymous8:30 AM

      Great ad! It was funny and so loving, plus it made my eyes well up with tears, also, too.

      Delete
  2. hedgewytch8:24 AM

    My Mother always said, and now I'm using it on my son, "I brought you into this world, I can take you right back out of it again!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita Winecooler6:48 PM

      Scary, isn't it? LOL

      I do the same thing and can hear her words fall out of my mouth - freaks me out every time!!!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Okay. This is a good reminder that I need to do some nagging today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:41 PM

    They don't mention the high deductible. Unless there's an expensive catastrophe, an otherwise healthy person is fucked over money. The bill needs DESPERATE amending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:43 PM

      There are a variety of plans , many with low or no deductibles. Why are you spreading lies?

      Delete
    2. Anita Winecooler6:47 PM

      Anonymous 243 ..... shhhh They saw it on Fox News, read it on Sarah's Daily Depravity on Fecebook and read it in Breitbart, it MUST be true.
      Who needs affordable health care when you're filthy rich and can afford the best doctors in the world? Rumor has it 141 once slapped a cop.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous2:48 PM

    I know a person that told me in January that his 27 yr old son was not going to get healthcare and the Dad seemed proud of it. I saw the Dad last weekend and he was complaining about the son's hospital bill for an appendectomy and how not paying it was ruining his sons ability to buy a home. I bit my tongue and didn't say a word.
    Yes, you can gamble and think you aren't going to get ill, but it happens, accidents also happen. BTW it cost well over 20,000 for a burst appendix and he still went home with drains instead of being monitored in a hospital when he should have been. Stabilized and sent home is all they have to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita Winecooler6:40 PM

      A great number of young people feel invincible or feel lucky to chance it for one more year.And some people just shouldn't be parents. I don't blame you for biting your tongue, maybe they'll both learn from this (maybe, one can only hope)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous6:16 PM

    What a loving and kind message by caring, empathetic moms.

    Yes, listen to your mom--as long as she's not a narcissist! !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita Winecooler6:37 PM

    The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. Having moms AND the most famous mom, First Lady Obama in an ad for the ACA is genius! There's nothing on earth stronger than a mother's love, if they want their kids insured and covered, the kids will listen.

    Great Ad!

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.