Saturday, March 22, 2014

Very compelling advertisement for Mark Begich, narrated by his wife.

Okay this is just for my fellow progressive Alaskans, so the rest of you can ignore it if you want.

Look I know that some of you may have problems with Mark.

I know that some of you are disappointed that he has not been a more vocal advocate for the President here in Alaska, and are irritated that he has even spoken out against some of his policies in the past, and hasn't done as much for the state as you might have hoped.

I understand all of that. I just don't give a shit!

We are in the middle of a very important struggle for the future of this nation, and Mark is our ONLY Democrat in Washington that will help move our policies forward.

I don't care if you hold your nose, curse his name under your breath, or have to get shit faced to do it, you HAVE to vote for Begich in this next election.

You have to!

If you don't, we might very well end up with Joe Miller or Dan Sullivan representing Alaska, and that simply cannot be allowed to happen! That would almost be as fucked up as actually electing Sarah Palin.

So suck it up Alaska. Mark Begich may not be perfect, but damn it he is by far the best we have right now.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:44 AM

    Here in the lower 48. I cannot even fathom who would vote for a Republican after all that's transpired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am withholding my vote this time. You DON'T publicly put down the President of your own party...but it was the gun vote that forever turned me away from Begich. He will never get my vote again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:14 AM

      Julie,
      Please reconsider, at least for us women. You are giving your vote to men who have no concern for women’s issues.

      Emily Post

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:06 PM

      Withholding your vote means you vote for another Republican because too often Democrats think not voting means it doesn't count - WRONG - it means that our vote does not count. While I also don't agree with Begich on many things, I believe that his heart is open and in the right place, thus I would vote for him if I could. Unfortunately, I am not in Alaska. But I would not withhold my vote in WA to make a statement: I would vote for anyone other than a right-wing Republican!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:16 AM

    Julie, are you an Alaskan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:19 AM

    A non-vote is a vote for a ReThug...

    Sorry to tell you that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, as much as you may dislike some of what Mark Begich has done, refusing to support the only Alaskan Democrat is just another way of 'putting down your president'. If you truly support President Obama, please show him your support by giving him a Democratic senator from Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:48 AM

    I'm voting for Begich - as I always have. He's not perfect by any means, but he beats the hell out of the Republicans in the U.S. Congress.

    Alaskans need to pay attention for whom they vote and get as many Republicans as possible out of their state government. Their Alaska Legislature is rat infested and too 'red' heavy! They are anti women's rights and it's been proven time and time again.

    Each vote does count!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dan Heynen11:40 AM

    Many of us let Mark know on a regular basis that we disagree with him, but you have to look at the big picture and the alternatives. Our two party system with campaigns going on forever sucks, but I'll keep writing checks to the candidate who is least objectionable who can get elected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:58 PM

    What a bad father

    (yes im mocking all you hypocritical assholes who wallow in ignorance)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:58 PM

    that man by the airplane totally looks like Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't live in Alaska, but there was plenty of this same feeling last November in Virginia: The fact is Terry McAullife is kind of a sleazoid, but Christ on a Thighmaster, Ken Cuccinelli would have brought the new Dark Ages.

    The reality is, many an American election reduces to offering a starving man the choice between coffee grounds and egg shells.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy in Juneau9:23 PM

    Hey Julie, I'm pissed at Begich for those same two reasons you stated in your comment. But please, for the sake of our state, and your fellow Alaskan sisters, please get to the booth and cast your vote for Mark. I'm talking to all my family friends and neighbors about the importance of this election. I cringe at the thought of Joe dipshit-liar-bully Miller becoming Alaska's US senator. I know if you love our President as much as it sounds like you do, I know that thought must make you cringe as well, Julie. Your vote, or lack thereof, does count.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.