Friday, January 02, 2015

Georgia police chief calls 911 to inform them that he accidentally shot is wife....twice.

Courtesy of 11 Alive: 

The wife of Peachtree City Police Chief William E. McCollum is in critical condition after being shot by her husband Thursday morning. 

Police responded to the couple's home in the 100 block of Autumn Leaf shortly after 4:15 a.m., where they found the victim, 58-year-old Margaret McCollum. She was taken by helicopter to Atlanta Medical Center. 

The GBI will handle the shooting investigation. GBI spokeswoman Sherry Lang said Chief McCollum called 911 to say he accidentally shot his wife twice with his service weapon.

After investigating it was determined that the chief only managed to hit his wife once. 

Gee, with all of the practice they get you think he could group his shots better than that.

Oh, I forgot it was an "accident."

Apparently the shooting took place in the couple's bedroom. Which as we all know is the very best place to be brandishing a firearm.

Surprisingly as a non-gun owner I have always felt quite safe in my bedroom.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:32 AM

    "Surprisingly as a non-gun owner I have always felt quite safe in my bedroom. "

    That's easy for you to say because you don't share a bedroom with Chief McCollum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An update on HuffPo says that she was shot only once. The coverup begins?

      Delete
    2. Leland9:55 AM

      Hhhmmm. You may wish to read the article again, paying special care to paragraph 4, Gryphen's first sentence. He writes: "After investigating it was determined that the chief only managed to hit his wife once."

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:47 AM

    Blade runner defense -- I thought she was an intruder in my bedroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:50 AM

    OT The lawyer representing the two year old that shot and killed his mom in Walmart, says his client is invoking "Stand your ground defense".

    The NRA, sensing a new business opportunity, has started "gun safety classes for toddlers age 1 to 4". Upon completion of the class, all toddlers will be given concealed carry permits.

    USA, USA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another "responsible" gun owner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:22 AM

    Always a good idea to negotiate a safeword.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:25 AM

    I suspect this is an actual murder attempt.
    BTW as a weapons owner I feel quite safe in my own bedroom also. I have my dogs to warn me and my weapons are locked in safes in a secured room, in fact, in a "safe" room where if there was an issue I would retreat and place a call to law enforcement. My weapons are for sport( target shooting/shooting competitions and hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:32 AM

    Heard just before he shot her:

    "This is my weapon, this is my gun, one is for fighting, one is for fun".

    Guess someone confused his "weapons" (or not).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anita Winecooler5:24 PM

    And get this..... the guy with the uniform who's gun stutters, was a WEAPON INSTRUCTOR, During the phone call to 911, the wife was heard moaning, then went silent, then macho gun man nervously asked no one in particular "What have you done? It was an accident, it had to be"
    First Darwin Award nominee. Shoot me once, ehhhh maybe an accident, shoot me twice..... it's an "on purpose".

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.