Saturday, December 24, 2005

The original "Embeds" talk about the Iraq War then and now.

Not surprisingly they find that things are much worse now then they were even during the initial fighting.

For Alexandra Zavis of the Associated Press -- who embedded with the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, then later covered Baghdad as a unilateral -- the story is similar. "I certainly didn't think it would be over in six weeks, but I don't think anyone foresaw this," she says. "It surprises me that every time I have gone back, it has gotten worse."

Rex Bowman, who served as the Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch's first war correspondent since the Civil War when he embedded in March 2003, contends that the full picture is being reported if people take the time to look. "I read plenty of stories with good news and plenty of stories with bad news," says Bowman, an Air Force veteran who was embedded with members of the 1st Marine Division. "I don't know how people can complain about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.