Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bill Clinton takes on FOX News.

Chris Wallace of FOX tries to lay the blame for 9-11 on Bill Clinton's lack of foresight in not taking him out when he had the opportunity. Bill becomes very agitated (as anybody who is blamed for thousands of American deaths would be expected to be), and talks about his frustration at being accused of being too focused on Bin Laden during his presidency and now blamed for lack of focus after the fact.

WALLACE: Do you think you did enough sir?

CLINTON: No, because I didn't get him

WALLACE: Right...

CLINTON: But at least I tried. That's the difference in me and some, including all the right wingers who are attacking me now. They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try and they didn't... I tired. So I tried and failed. When I failed I left a comprehensive anti-terror strategy and the best guy in the country, Dick Clarke... So you did FOXĂ‚'s bidding on this show. You did you nice little conservative hit job on me. But what I want to know..

WALLACE: Now wait a minute sir..

CLINTON:..

WALLACE: I asked a question. You don't think that's a legitimate question?

CLINTON: It was a perfectly legitimate question but I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked this question of. I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked why didn't you do anything about the Cole. I want to know how many you asked why did you fire Dick Clarke. I want to know...

I have seen a small example of this interview on YouTube. It is cut to show Bill, red faced, yelling at Wallace. It is designed to show Clinton losing control and it focuses on the part that I posted above this. But Clinton is admitting that he failed to get Bin Laden, and the emotion of that is heard in his voice and written all over his face. He is very frustrated that Bin Laden was able to do what he did, and I believe that Clinton feels some responsibility.

But the kicker is that he says "I tired. So I tried and failed." Can you imagine George W. Bush admitting that he failed anything? Bill went after Bin Laden with virtually no support from congress and he damn near got him.

George Bush went after Bin Laden with overwhelming congressional support, and when he had him cornered he simply let him go.

That is the difference between a President who cares, and a President who just wants to do the minimum that his job requires while lining the pockets of his rich friends. It makes more money for Bush's friends in the oil companies and muntions companies for this war to continue indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.