Thursday, May 24, 2007

I was incorrect, the Goodling testamony did indeed reveal a smoking gun. Hell it may in fact be a smoking cannon!

This Monica revealed something hotter --- much hotter --- than a stained blue dress. In her opening testimony yesterday before the House Judiciary Committee, Monica Goodling, the blonde-ling underling to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and Department of Justice Liaison to the White House, dropped The Big One....And the Committee members didn't even know it.

Goodling testified that Gonzales' Chief of Staff, Kyle Sampson, perjured himself, lying to the committee in earlier testimony. The lie: Sampson denied Monica had told him about Tim Griffin's "involvement in 'caging' voters" in 2004.

Yeah I was confused about what "caging" is as well, but fortunately smarter people then myself are on the case.

But what's 'caging' and why is it such a dreadful secret that lawyer Sampson put his license to practice and his freedom on the line to cover Tim Griffin's involvement in it? Because it's a felony. And a big one.

Here's how caging worked, and along with Griffin's thoughtful emails themselves you'll understand it all in no time.

The Bush-Cheney operatives sent hundreds of thousands of letters marked "Do not forward" to voters' homes. Letters returned ("caged") were used as evidence to block these voters' right to cast a ballot on grounds they were registered at phony addresses. Who were the evil fakers? Homeless men, students on vacation and --- you got to love this --- American soldiers. Oh yeah: most of them are Black voters.

Why weren't these African-American voters home when the Republican letters arrived? The homeless men were on park benches, the students were on vacation --- and the soldiers were overseas. Go to Baghdad, lose your vote. Mission Accomplished.

So what this is my friends is the evidence that Rove and his cronies stole the 2004 election, and how they did it. Is that a big enough smoking gun for you?

And what is more the reporter who broke this story, Greg Palast from the BBC, claims to have the 500 missing Rove e-mails! Holy shit!

So go and visit our best new friends at The Brad Blog because they have all of the details.

I cannot believe I did not think that this US Attorney story was going to be very interesting! I am an idiot.

3 comments:

  1. You act like you believe something will come of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know, I have been disappointed so many times before.

    But we have a Democratic Congress this time and they want Karl Rove like a PMSing woman wants chocolate, so isn't it possible that they will use this information to finally bring down this administration?

    I mean they are criminals, we have laws, if we cannot even police our own government then what kind of democracy are we?

    I am being naive aren't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am being naive aren't I?

    Yeah. But look on the bright side. Perhaps you and I will wind up in the same KBR Detention camp and we can discuss it face to face.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.