Friday, August 24, 2007

Lisa Nowak would like to have her ankle bracelet removed. I guess it clashes with pretty much everything.

Former astronaut Lisa Nowak, who is facing charges of assaulting a romantic rival in a love triangle that brought embarrassment to NASA, came to a Florida courtroom on Friday to seek relief from an electronic monitoring bracelet — then took journalists to task for their "tabloid approach" to the case.

During a televised statement to the press, Nowak also apologized to the woman she's accused of attacking. "I would like her to know how very sorry I am about frightening her in any way," she said.

The alleged victim, Air Force Capt. Colleen Shipman, said during Friday's court hearing that she was still afraid of Nowak and felt better knowing that the former astronaut was monitored. "When I’m home alone and there’s nobody there with me, it is a comfort," Shipman testified.

I watched part of this court appearance today, and all I felt was very sorry for Lisa Nowak.

She looks just totally humiliated by her experience and that if given a choice would just like to crawl off to live under a rock for a while.

She made a mistake and I, like almost everybody else in America, had a lot of fun with her story. But she is a real flesh and blood person who has had her job, reputation, and family placed in jeopardy because of an impulse that I am sure she can no longer understand either.

So I am done poking fun at her and laughing at her situation. I think Lisa Nowak should be allowed to get on with her life without any more late night comics making a living off of her difficulties.

P.S. And by the way I saw the other woman, Colleen Shipman, and that bitch has crazy eyes! I think Bill Oefelein better watch his ass!

1 comment:

  1. it is difficut to pull her "Depends" over the bracelet- gets in the way...very inconvenient...

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.