Friday, June 05, 2009

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are comedy gods!

Leave it to Jon Stewart to poke fun at one of the most impressive, and historically significant speeches ever delivered by a US President. And he poked fun at it very well indeed.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
Looking for Comity in the Muslim World
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorEconomic Crisis

Stephen Colbert wants to know why President Obama will not fund "Abstinence only" sex education. Surely it must work occasionally. (Oops, I originally put "Bush" instead of Obama in this sentence, I have no defense except that sometimes I guess I still cannot believe that Barack is our President.)

Even Bristol Palin makes an appearance to give credence to his argument.


The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
The Word - Just Don't Do It
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorKeyboard Cat

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:00 AM

    Gryphen, have you been visiting the wayback machine? Thank God President Bush has retired and we now have President Obama in charge or retiring abstinence education!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:26 AM

    I don't think I could have made it through the Bush years without Jon Stewart. God bless him! And of course, may Stephen Colbert name be forever remembered for his address in 2006 at the White House Correspondents Association Dinner. I understand that in 2007 the first sentence spoken by the next comic guy at that dinner was "I am not a political satirist."

    I think everyone will agree that Bristol Palin is a perfect representative of Abstinence Only "education".

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.