Saturday, January 09, 2010

Some YouTube fun with Mad TV'S Darlene McBride

When I posted the Mark Fiore cartoon yesterday I also linked to the Daily Kos piece on him, which contained a video from Mad TV's Darlene McBride that was absolutley hysterical! So of course a number of you asked me to post the video here as well. I did some research and found that there were a number of these video's, each more scandalous than the next. So I grabbed a few to post here today.

Now beware, if your sense of humor is not fully awake get a cup of coffee in you before you watch these videos, because you are going to need it to be fully functional. You might also make sure to have swallowed that mouthful of coffee before you hit play. I cannot be held accountable for any coffee related damage to your keyboard.

Darlene McBride's "Take Back America" tour



Darlene McBride's Greatest Hits



Darlene McBride X-mas



This was considered parody a few years back, but in 2009 it became indistinguishable from the way many of the teabaggers actually expressed themselves.

And doesn't that huge mop of hair on Darlene's head remind you of someone?

18 comments:

  1. 10catsinMD7:00 AM

    The "big" hair is actually a common phenomenum in some parts of Texas. My apologies to TX as I spent a great deal of time there. Actually saw a few girls with hair almost as big as Darlene MCB.

    This is so hysterical. Mad magazine/TV indeed. Funny, funny, funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:13 AM

    this would be funny if it wern't so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think the teabaggers find this funny, or just realistic??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:14 AM

    I couldn't help wondering how many people actually tried to buy the CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Lovely tee-shirt $arah. It says more about you than you realize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WakeUpAmerica9:19 AM

    Gryphen, you're going to rot in hell for posting these videos. What were you thinking? Excuse me now, I need to change my underwear and wipe the coffee off of my computer. Yes, I know. You warned me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Those are most excellent!

    Did Ms. McBride open any of those stump speeches with Palin?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What does it say on her shirt? I can't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:14 AM

    I truly think Scarah IS Darlene MCB: Sorry Scarah, SHE winked first ;-)

    Seriously, this is no stretch from the real $P ...

    scary. It used to be funny before the teabagging (nutjobs)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The thing that I always wonder when I see the "not flat bisted" picture is-- those beds are awfully close together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:22 PM

    I may be broke but I'm not flat busted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not that I'd generally GIVE Scarah the benefit of the doubt... but it WAS the 80's, afterall... the decade that wasn't kind on clothing and hairstyles.

    Regardless of that... Daaaarlleeeeennneeeee.... I luuv ya, gurl! Did ya win th tracter rid tis yeer??? Hooooooweeee!

    (gryph. that was frelling hysterical!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:50 PM

    Maybe we could get O'$P a new t-shirt when her house of cards tumbles.

    I may be busted but I'm not flat broke.

    ReplyDelete
  14. More Cowbell,
    I just noticed the beds,also,too. They are alittletooclose. Was this when she roomed with Tilly??
    Thinking back to my freshman year, our beds were close but you could fit a whole end table between them.
    She doesn'teven look like the same person whne she was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous4:43 PM

    Excellent!! LOL..
    Nothing new under the sun. Same ole sh*t, differnt day! And in another 20 yrs. those same videos will still be relevent. Trust..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous4:45 PM

    *relevant*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mac And Cheese Wiz6:03 PM

    Those Darlene O'McBriden vids are a hoot! I wonder if O'McCain ever saw them?

    The christmas one was funny, she even used her kids as props!

    The teabaggers probably love these, she's "just like them".

    Thanks for the chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous7:45 PM

    Darlene's prescience was largely misunderestimated, but I still think Goldy Birdsong might have a better chance at a nomination.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.