Friday, February 20, 2015

Here is Bill O'Reilly's entire "Talking Points Memo" for tonight. Dedicated exclusively to denying the Mother Jones article about his Falkland war exaggerations and attacking liberals. Update!

Courtesy of Fox Nation:

Hi, I'm Bill O'Reilly ... thanks for watching us tonight ... more proof the American media is corrupt. 

That is the subject of this evening's Talking Points memo. 

This man ... 56-year-old David Corn ... who works for the far left magazine ... Mother Jones ... smeared me, your humble correspondent, yesterday ... saying I had fabricated some war reporting. 

(Humble?)

Mother Jones ... which has low circulation ... considered by many the bottom rung of journalism in America. 

however ... in this Internet age ... the defamation they put forth ... gets exposure. 

and so I have to deal with this garbage tonight. I’m sorry. 

basically David Corn ... a liar ... says that I exaggerated situations in the Falklands War ... and Salvadoran War. 

Here's the truth ... everything I’ve said about my reportorial career ... everything ... is true. 

33-years ago in June ... Argentina surrendered to Great Britain ... ending the Falklands War. 

I was covering the conflict from Argentina and Uruguay for CBS News. 

After learning of the surrender ... angry mobs in Buenos Aires ... stormed the presidential palace ... the Casa Rosada ... trying to overthrow the government of General Leopoldo Galtieri. 

I was there on the street ... with my camera crews. 

The violence was horrific. ... as Argentine soldiers ... fired into the crowd ... who were responding with violent acts of their own. 

My video of the combat ... led the CBS Evening News with Dan Rather that evening. 

(Dan Rather? Wasn't that the nightly news guy whose career Right Wing blogs and Fox News helped to destroy back in 2004? Anybody noticing a pattern?)

and later on ... I filed a report ... that ran nationwide. 

That's what happened. 

I never said I was on the Falkland Islands ... as Corn purports ... I said I covered the Falklands War ... which I did. 

(I beg to differ: In a 2004 column about US soldiers fighting in Iraq, O'Reilly noted, "Having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war, I know that life-and-death decisions are made in a flash." Sounds like he is describing being caught in a fire fight to me.)

Now ... in what I consider to be a miracle ... I found this CBS internal memo from 33 years ago ... praising my coverage that day. 

The cable was sent to the CBS bureau chief in Buenos Aires ... by the news desk here in New York City: 

"Doyle, O'Reilly didn't have the time last night but would like to say many thanks for the riot piece last night. WCBS-TV and WCAU-TV both took the entire piece, instead of stripping it for pix. They called to say thanks for a fine piece.” 

"Thanks again. Your piece made the late feed, a winner last night." 

Want more? ... here it is: 

Shortly after my crew and I ... escaped grave danger on the streets of Buenos Aires ... I wrote to CBS News boss Ed Joyce ... praising the crew’s bravery. 

I have the letter: "The crews were great … the riot had been very bad, we were gassed, shot at, and I had the best vantage point in which to report the story." 

(So a memo that he himself, sent to his bosses, is proof of that he is not lying about an incident that no other news crew reported ever happened?  Here is how the Mother Jones described that discrepancy: O'Reilly's account of the protest in Buenos Aires is at odds with news reports from the time—including the report from his own bureau. The CBS Evening News that night aired about a minute of video of the protest, apparently including some of the footage that O'Reilly and his camera team had obtained. It showed angry Argentines yelling and denouncing the junta that had lost the war. The only act of violence in the spot was a man throwing a punch against the car of a Canadian news crew. On the segment, Schieffer reported, "There were arrests throughout the day. The police threatened to use tear gas at one point. Several North American television crews were jostled…An ABC camera team's car was stoned before the crew escaped." The CBS report said nothing about people being killed. It does not match O'Reilly's dramatic characterization of the event in his book; the video on the broadcast did not depict "major violence up close and personal.")

So we have rock solid proof ... that David Corn ... smeared me ... and some websites that picked up his defamation ... did as well. 

(No, no we don't have proof of anything of the sort.)

Now ... I had to spend hours last night ... on the phone with various reporters ... and crawling around my basement covered with dust to find documents from 33 years ago. Again, it was a miracle I found them. 

(Again does ANYBODY believe that O'Reilly is the one who did the crawling? I think he has people for that.)

all because an irresponsible ... guttersnipe ... a far left zealot ... who has attacked Fox News many times before ... spit this stuff out on the net. 

and you know what? ... nothing is going to happen to David Corn. 

Mother Jones and the far left websites ...couldn't care less about the truth. 

They are in business to injure. This is a political hit job. 

At this point ... TV coverage has been scant, but CNN tried to exploit the situation because a guy over there named Brian Stelter ... is another far left zealot ... masquerading as a journalist. CNN can do a lot better than this guy. 

(So to be clear EVERY journalist who reported on this is a "far left zealot." Now that is some fair and balanced reporting.)

Real journalists ... knew this story was B-S from the jump. 

They knew Corn was trying to take the Brian Williams situation ... and wrap it around my neck ... for ideological reasons ... because he has a history of attacking Fox News. 

(Every responsible journalist SHOULD have a history of attacking Fox News in my opinion.)

In addition ... Corn actually wrote that I hammered Brian Williams ... when everyone knows ... I went out of my way on Kimmel and the Factor ... to be compassionate to the man. 

Corn must think the folks ... are as dumb ... as he is. 

The whole scandal ... reminds me of another guy who got completely away with it. 

That man is Al Franken ... who years ago ... accused me of faking my working class upbringing. 

(What is the hell does Al Franken have to do with this story?)

He actually said in public many times ... I was not raised in Levittown ... he ran around telling that to the media ... who gleefully printed his words. 

The despicable Franken ... perhaps the biggest liar I have ever known ... wouldn't even retract it when I produced this: 

The deed to my parent's house ... it says Levittown, Al 

... but you, a dishonest smear merchant ... wouldn't retract your false story. 

And I'm sure Corn won't either. 

and what happened to Al Franken? 

He was elected a senator from Minnesota. 

And that's the memo ...

So to sum things up we are asked whether we believe Bill O'Reilly of Fox News, or David Corn and Senator Al Franken. 

Boy that's a tough one. 

It should be noted that Fox News tried to sue Franken for using their "Fair and Balanced" trademark, and lost. And tried to stop the publication of the book, and lost.

Update: I just now watched O'Reilly deliver the diatribe that I wrote about above.

Afterward he had Bernie Goldberg and Geraldo Rivera on to back him up.

At one point he mentioned that he was extremely lucky to have a cable news show where he could talk about this publicly, unlike many other people who have to suffer attacks from the media without the opportunity to refute them or tell their side of the story.

Oddly I found myself agreeing with him on that.

In fact back in 2009 when HE went after me personally on his show and accused me of being a "nutcase" and of making things up about the Palin divorce, and then took old blog posts out of context in order to misrepresent me, I would have loved to have had a more public platform to defend myself.

Point in fact is that this is the kind of thing that O'Reilly, and the rest of Fox News have been doing for years.

Only unlike David Corn, who used O'Reilly's own words against him, THEY simply make things up out of whole cloth in order to destroy anybody who dares speak out against them or a public figure who they support.

But when the tables are turned, who Nelly, do they get upset.

75 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:44 PM

    And, so, how many of the other reporters at the riot have said they were in a war-zone, a combat situation, etc. Did the rest of them claim the same glory as Billo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:30 AM

      I remember years ago hearing Bill talk about being in combat and a caller calling him out on it. Al Franken used to play the clip on his radio show. Did some digging and found a story on it. You have to read down the page but it has the exchange just as I remember hearing it ten years ago.
      http://www.newshounds.us/2005/12/04/bill_oreilly_decorated_war_vet_murtha_afraid_to_come_on_the_factor.php

      Delete
  2. Caroll Thompson2:48 PM

    Me doth think O'Reilly protests too much. He must be lying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Oh, Bill O, you "humble" lying asshole, you are protesting too much. Now I know you are lying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:55 PM

    Mother Jones magazine has been around for decades, and it's not considered the bottom rung of journalism. It's been known for years for its investigative work.
    I'm sorry Bill O'Reilly's basement is dusty, but that odd little detail doesn't convince me that he did what he said he did.
    He implied that he'd been in a combat zone in Argentina, when, in fact, he was near a domestic riot in Buenos Aires after the war had ended.
    Those are facts, Bill. Neither liberal nor conservative. You lied.

    And all the name calling -- my goodness, he must have found a thesaurus in that dusty basement -- just make him meaner than ever. When the going gets tough, Bill, start calling people names -- that'll deflect from the facts they report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:39 PM

      Name-calling? Hell, it's like he was born to comment here.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:02 PM

      I wonder how his basement got so dusty since he moved into a new house after his 2011 divorce.

      Delete
    3. What Billo actually said:

      "I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands."

      "I've covered wars, okay? I've been there. The Falklands, Northern Ireland, the Middle East..."

      "I missed Moyers in the war zones of [the] Falkland conflict in Argentina, the Middle East, and Northern Ireland..."

      "I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down..."

      Seems pretty clear to me that Billo is referring to actually being IN the Falkland Islands -- did he think no one would check to see what the British or the Argentinians did in preventing war correspondents from actually embedding with fighters in the Islands?

      Delete
    4. Anonymous4:15 PM

      4:02
      you must live in a van by the river.

      Delete
    5. Dammit Griff...you gotta find a way to allow us to "like" postings cuz 4:15 was funny as hell...

      Delete
  5. Anonymous3:02 PM

    Squealing like a stuck pig! Must be something to this after all.

    Next up: Palin's Babygate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:04 PM

    Awards -- from wikipedia
    Mother Jones has been nominated for 27 National Magazine Awards and has won six times, including for General Excellence in 2001, 2008, and 2010.

    In April 2013, it was named winner of the fifth annual Izzy Award, awarded by the Park Center for Independent Media for "special achievement in independent media", for its 2012 reporting, including its analysis of gun violence in the United States, coverage of dark money funding of candidates, and release of a video of Mitt Romney stating that 47 percent of the people of the United States see themselves as victims and are dependent on the government.

    In August 2013, Mother Jones' co-editors Monika Bauerlein and Clara Jeffery were awarded the PEN/Nora Magid Award for Magazine Editing.

    Also in 2010, Mother Jones won the Online News Association Award for Online Topical Reporting,[21] and in 2011 won the Utne Reader Independent Press Award for General Excellence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:53 PM

      you forgot to mention that michael moore sued them or that people, gq, oprah and martha stewart won those awards, too.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous3:04 PM

    Bill left out mentioning a "good Republican cloth coat" and a dog named Checkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:40 PM

      Thank you, thank you, thank you! FINALLY someone mentions "Checkers." I have been wanting to bring that up concerning hag Queen Heifer's rants so many times, but I thought no one would know what I was talking about. They are ALL the same.....

      Delete
  8. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Well I've been caught in riots in France, Ireland, Greece, and the Middle East. I guess that makes me a war correspondent, too. Four different war zones! Thanks, Bill; I didn't know! Now I can add it to MY resume. How about the time I was in Spain when ETA blew up some generals? Does that count, too? I was only, like, a couple of blocks away; surely it counts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:54 PM

      Me too!!! I was caught in the student strikes/riots in Bologna,Italy during the seventies, with the riot police and tear gas.
      Also there when the fascist blew up the train station, so I must definitely be war correspondent since I wrote home about my "near death" experiences.

      Delete
    2. SallyinMI6:38 PM

      Me too! We were in Paris in July of 1995 when the subway bombings were happening. I'm a war correspondent too!!

      Delete
    3. Anonymous6:58 PM

      Hell's bells! I was in Belfast in the 90s when a car bomb went off 2 blocks away. We walked through the broken glass on the sidewalk the next morning.

      I had no idea I was a war correspondent too!!!

      Thanks, Bill, for letting me know!

      Delete
  9. Anonymous3:08 PM

    I will repeat myself: I was living there at the time. My husband is Argentine and we went to visit and got stuck there with the war. I saw it with my own eyes. He is lying. I got the passport stamp to prove it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:49 PM

      3:08
      Really? You were living there at the time and then decided to visit at the same time. We know exactly who the liar is. A lousy liar at that.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:09 PM

      I think a visit turned into living there at least until the end of the Falklands War.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous7:03 PM

      3:49 -

      3:08 wrote "we went to visit and got stuck there with the war"

      Seems pretty clear to me that a trip (I assume to visit family) was involuntarily lengthened by the war. I would classify that as 'living there', at least temporarily.

      Delete
    4. Anonymous8:37 PM

      Clearly unclear due to too many years in a government indoctrination center.
      Either you were living there or you got stuck there while visiting because of the war.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous3:09 PM

    O'Reilly came from a flat-out middle-class background, but he attended parochial schools, and graduated from Chaminade High School on Long Island, a very well-known and prestigious institution -- the alma mater of my husband.
    So, he may have grown up in Levittown, but he was not "of" Levittown.
    He makes too much of a blue-collar background, when he really enjoyed a very privileged environment from early on.

    One thing for certain: as we've seen countless times, Bill "Big Loofah" O'Reilly has a very short fuse.

    And, yeah, Bill? You weren't kind about Brian Williams. You said that his situation brought journalism into ill-repute. So does your exaggeration and lying. Same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:27 PM

      Absolutely right, 3:09!

      More than any other town on LI, Levittown always had a very strong association with the middle class and the veterans starting their families after returning from WWII. The cheap, mass-produced houses built on former potato fields gave the struggling young families a chance to own a home for a very affordable price, and started the wave of suburban development that typified that period in history.

      Chaminade, on the other hand, was a school that only the upper middle class families could afford to send their sons to. I grew up in a nearby suburb and only families in certain upper middle class parts of my town could afford the tuition.

      And most typical Levittown boys of his generation didn't spend their junior year of college studying in Europe or attend Harvard for graduate studies either!

      Delete
  11. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Given the circumstances, I don't think Bill is the most appropriate person to be investigating Bill's possible exaggerations, to use a popular synonym for lies. On the other hand, the more he protests and flings poo at his audience, the more ammunition proper investigators will have to sit through to get to the truth. A truly dirty job, but one that some brave intrepid reporter will not doubt take on. Keep talking, Bill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:32 PM

      But Fox News will never investigate anything O'Reilly says. And the Fox viewers will never demand an investigation of what he says. They believe every word uttered on Fox News as gospel truth.
      Beaglemom

      Delete
  12. Anonymous3:12 PM

    Getting caught in a lie sure brings out the worst in Billo. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:23 PM

      Exactly what I was thinking. :)

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:36 PM

      He's such a bully. Don't you dare question me or I will personally insult and smear you with anything I can think of. He's nothing more than an eighth grade mean boy.

      Delete
    3. BlueDragon4:24 AM

      Oh, I don't know.....I think David Corn should wear the title of "guttersnipe" with pride!! Especially when conveyed by the likes of Bill O'Reilly,BS.

      Delete
  13. Anonymous3:14 PM

    'FOX News and the far right media...couldn't care less about the truth.'

    There. FIFY.

    You're welcome, Bill.

    Wouldn't want you to get accused of lying again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:14 PM

    BillO the Clown!

    Thanks to Al Franken's book “Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them” we can know one of the many reasons to never buy a book from BillO the Clown.

    " In addition to being a right-wing gasbag, it turns out that O’Reilly wields a piston-like fictional pen. In his 1998 suspense thriller, “Those Who Trespass,” he pumped out the following:"

    WARNING-DOES NOT CONTAIN LOOFAS OR REFERENCES TO THE USE OF LOOFAS IN THE SHOWER!

    “Ashley was now wearing only brief white panties. She had signaled her desire by removing her shirt and skirt, and by leaning back on the couch. She closed her eyes, concentrating on nothing but Shannon’s tongue and lips. He gently teased her by licking the areas around her most sensitive erogenous zone. Then he slipped her panties down her legs and, within seconds, his tongue was inside her, moving rapidly.”

    http://www.salon.com/2003/12/12/badwriting/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3:23 PM

    "Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that."

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:23 PM

    From motherjones questions for

    "In 2008, Mr. O'Reilly said on his television show that he had been in "in the war zones of [the] Falkland conflict in Argentina, the Middle East, and Northern Ireland." Which war zones was he referring to regarding the Middle East and Northern Ireland? When was he in these war zones? Can he describe his experiences in those locations?

    Does a trip to the green zone count?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous3:26 PM

    Hey, Sarah, did you hear another news guy got caught lying about his combat experiences?

    Sarah: Those media people are terrible. Quit makin' stuff up!

    Hey, Sarah, it's Bill O'Reilly

    Sarah: never mind

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3:27 PM

    Yet again I reminded what a despicable POS is Billo. Below is from Wiki about a 2007 bilge spill from Billo:

    On a September 2007 edition of The Radio Factor, ... And I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship(sic)." He commented that no one in Sylvia's was "screaming 'M'Fer, I want more iced tea.'" He further added, "I think that black Americans are starting to think more and more for themselves, getting away from the Sharptons and the Jacksons and people trying to lead them into a race-based culture. They're just trying to figure it out. 'Look, I can make it. If I work hard and get educated, I can make it.'

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous3:31 PM

    Bill, you yourself called it, in writing, a "riot."

    A riot is not combat. You were near a domestic protest. You were not in a combat zone.

    Your own words prove that David Corn is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Perfect pic of him, Gryph, for this blog entry. Someone made mention earlier of his name-calling; I guess he/she can add a few more to the list. Faux won't fire him, they thrive on it.

    And if anyone believes he was crawling around a dusty old basement, they most likely believe the "wild ride" as well. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous3:43 PM

    i just don't think i can trust bill any more. now where i am going to get all the latest no spin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:23 PM

      Just read at c4p....they do the work, so you don't have to!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:34 PM

      Snort!

      Delete
  22. Anonymous3:44 PM

    Liar, Liar Pants on Fire Billo. I saw the video of an interview in which you stated you were in the Falklands on PBS tonight. Unless you have a twin that does your interviews, it was clearly you yakking away.

    Also what about your "combat" experience during the Iraq war? was that your twin also?

    This must explain why he was so "nice" about Brian Williams on one of the late shows, "oh he should get a break because it was his first mistake blah blah", probable knew they were coming after him.

    When is Sarah going to attack Bill from her facebook bunker? Oh right he works for Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Great pic. Sums him up perfectly: one big squealing baby.
    M from MD

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Where's Keith Olberman when we need him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right here! http://www.mediaite.com/tv/keith-olbermann-calls-out-moron-oreilly-for-mother-jones-response/

      Delete
  25. Anonymous3:59 PM

    MORE WAR LIES.


    Widow of American Sniper's comrade in arms hits out at Oscar-nominated movie 'that portrays her late husband as a coward'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2961983/Widow-Chris-Kyle-s-sniper-colleague-hits-Oscar-nominated-American-Sniper-saying-portrays-late-husband-coward-against-mission-Iraq.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:20 PM

      Snipers ARE cowards.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:47 PM

      Does any soldier that kills from a distance qualify as a coward? Grenade, Bazooka, RPG, artillery, missiles, drones all kill from a distance, does that make the soldiers cowards too. What's unique about snipers?

      Delete
    3. Anonymous5:05 PM

      Tell me what's noble about taking out women and children on purpose. Chris Kyle did and loved it.

      Delete
    4. Anonymous5:46 PM

      "Snipers ARE cowards" covers a lot people, not just Chris Kyle. Why is every sniper a coward? What about the other soldiers that kill from a distance? Are they less cowardly than snipers? More cowardly? What's special about snipers?

      Delete
    5. Anonymous6:02 PM

      Exactly, 5:46 PM. Why make a movie about him? He was no hero....many lost their lives through these stupid wars and continue to.

      Delete
    6. Anonymous7:12 PM

      There is just so much crap and lies around that movie.

      Tayo Kyle is all big on her 'hero' husband being so 'wonderful' about PTSD. Not so for the man that was suffering and shot him. When are these a-holes going to show anyone that they do care about the soldiers that come back with problems?

      It sounds like they used the Kyle buddy that was killed in their film to make the movie points they wanted to make and they didn't bother with being real about who he was or towards his widow.

      When I heard they used the fake baby I figured they didn't care that much about a quality film. I wouldn't care to see it anyway because I don't like to see gun films. Copper and Eastwood sounded stupid when they talked about character study. Kyle had been proven a liar. He didn't write the book, he had ghost writers.

      Delete
  26. Anonymous4:03 PM

    The man is a pig.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous4:11 PM

    Mr. O'Lie-ly, please....proceed.

    Seriously, pleasepleaseplease keep on spin-plain'in this to us, we're all ears.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous4:18 PM

    The people were unsurprisingly rioting in the streets of Buenos Aires after Argentina surrendered, and the police and military were trying to stop them. That's no more a "combat situation" than the Palin Family Brawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point.

      During the Buenos Aires riot only one punch was thrown. But during the Palin family brawl Bristol alone threw almost a dozen at the homeowner's face.

      Now see covering THAT might have given O'Reilly that combat cred that he so desperately seems to want.

      Delete
  29. Anonymous4:24 PM

    Hey, IMers, you know who was an actual reporter in combat? David Bloom of NBC, who died at 39 from a pulmonary embolism. He was in a tank.

    Here's the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/07/nyregion/david-bloom-39-dies-in-iraq-reporter-was-with-troops.html

    Billo can piss off. Apologies for my language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:18 PM

      I think piss off is appropriate.

      Delete
  30. Anonymous4:24 PM

    O/T Bristol's latest FB post
    How about not a scandal just ugly!
    Hollywood!!! Remember those people you
    want as friends that ignore all of you hillbillies!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bristol-Palin/109696302423164

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:38 PM

      It says unavailable.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:39 PM

      Geraldo, Goldberg on O’Reilly: Mother Jones Using Journalism as ‘Political Weapon’
      http://www.mediaite.com/tv/geraldo-goldberg-on-oreilly-mother-jones-using-journalism-as-political-weapon/

      Bullies win by yelling the loudest. The more bullies the better.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous4:42 PM

      Her mother doesn't like to shop when it's her own $$ she's spending. OPM's? Just watch her!

      Delete
    4. Anonymous7:02 PM

      Did anyone do a screen grab? @ 4:24 PM

      Delete
  31. Al Franken is right about Billo not growing up IN Levittown. His family's home was in Westbury, Long Island, NY which is NOT Levittown.

    I know, my aunt and uncle lived there in the 40s through the 90s. I used to visit them with my mother and siblings.

    The fact is, Billo "proves" that he lived in Levittown by showing an envelope showing his mother's address was a Post Office box with a Levittown address -- which, as everyone knows, proves nothing.

    Wikipedia: "O'Reilly has long said that his inspiration for speaking up for average Americans is his working-class roots. He has pointed to his boyhood home in Levittown, New York, as a credential. In an interview with The Washington Post, O'Reilly's mother said that her family lived in Westbury, which is a few miles from Levittown. Citing this interview, then liberal talk-show pundit Al Franken accused O'Reilly of distorting his background to create a more working-class image. O'Reilly countered that The Washington Post misquoted his mother and that his mother still lives in his childhood home, which was built by William Levitt. O'Reilly placed a copy of the house's mortgage on his website; the mortgage shows a Levittown postal address"

    There doesn't appear to be any overlap at all between Westbury and Levittown, according to these two map graphics:

    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Westbury,+NY/@40.7614806,-73.5918428,12z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c286e04e80dfbf:0x1df681af79ffa5eb

    and

    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Levittown,+NY/@40.721809,-73.5150819,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c27e2b3ab6fc17:0x9bae3e61265d1a79

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:37 PM

      Back then, there was a a very big difference in the economic classes of people of Levittown and those of Westbury. Since he also went to private schools, I suspect his family was firmly in the upper middle class, regardless of what his address may have been.

      Delete
  32. Anonymous4:53 PM

    Military Veterans Declare War On Bill O’Reilly For ‘Stealing Valor’ With War Zone Lies

    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/02/20/military-veterans-declare-war-on-bill-oreilly-for-stealing-valor-with-war-zone-lies/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous4:54 PM

    4:38 you must be blocked

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous5:05 PM

    As much as I can't stand Trump and his degrading rants about President Obama I do like The Celebrity Apprentice.
    On the latest finale, he showed his family on air. He hasn't done that before. And announced that NBC I believe had offered him another season. He said he will have to weigh
    that offer. What VP for Sarah Palin or high ratings on the
    Celebrity Apprentice. I say...invite Sarah to be a player.
    Of course it is for charity so who would she play for?
    Sarah Pac or possibly, finally, play for the DS children
    that deserve some kind of financial help which you have not supported in years. Sarah as a contestant would help Trump get possibly the number one show next season.
    Do it Sarah!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:37 PM

      Oh puh-LEEZE.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous5:47 PM

      +1 for snark

      Delete
  35. Anonymous6:44 PM

    If Billo the Clown is so damn sure of himself, let the bastard file suit against David Corn and Mother Jones. MFing Billo will pull a frigging Palin and whimper away long before that happens. .

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sharon10:49 PM

    I surely hope there is someone to take up the mantel of Stewart when it comes to this stupendous blow hole...omg, there are no limits of control with this man. These nuts have the thinnest skins imaginable...and the way they spew hate and lies at the top of their lungs against everyone else, there needs to be a new term for hypocrisy, Billo isn't fit to shine David Corn's shoes let alone talk about Mother Jones. I swear watching Palin glisten & glow around all those damn Hollywood elites...esp Sharpton, hysterical. All you can do is shake your head and wonder how these people actually exist. Jeb Bush running for President?? We are in an alternative universe I fear where nothing makes sense anymore. Our national media just has to stop giving these mentally ill psychopaths a platform other than Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous12:37 PM

    I love Al Franken's story about getting a phone call in the middle of the night while in Italy, saying that FOX news was suing him for his book. He said he did a dance, he knew it would only increase sales and he would prevail. Right on both counts.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.