Friday, November 11, 2005

Crushing the myth that men are not attracted to accomplished women.

Maureen Dowd sums up the myth in an article she wrote for the New York Times.

"Decades after the feminist movement promised equality with men," Dowd laments, "it was becoming increasingly apparent that many women would have to brush up on the venerable tricks of the trade: an absurdly charming little laugh, a pert toss of the head, an air of saucy triumph, dewy eyes and a full knowledge of music, drawing, elegant note writing and geography. It would once more be considered captivating to lie on a chaise lounge, pass a lacy handkerchief across the eyelids and complain of a case of springtime giddiness."

Wrong!

I have never been attracted to helpless women. The women that I find desirable are capable, humorous, bawdy, intellectual, self assured, responsible, honest, playful, and adventurous in bed.

I am not attracted to women who are weak, silly, manipulative, dishonest, ignorant, unsophisticated, cold, or feign incompetence to get their man to do everything for them.

I long to have conversations about politics, philosophy, current events, movies, books, pop culture, history, or any number of other topics that I have been forced to muse about privately for many years. I welcome the strong, capable woman.

I like the pretty pictures in Maxim magazine but I do not pine for those women. I have watched adult videos but I would never replace somebody I loved for one of the sexual contortionists on the screen. Pretty is great. Sexy is wonderful. Smart is necessary!

You don't have to agree with everything that I say but you sure as shit better have a well developed difference of opinion. I don't desire a sycophantic, bubbleheaded, sex machine. (Though I am willing to take one for a test drive occasionally)

I would welcome a Maureen Dowd in my life. If she were a little younger. Maybe a little hotter. And possibly brunette. And a tiger in bed. Okay now she is perfect!

What did you expect? I am a guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.