Monday, December 26, 2005

Things that I have learned this holiday season.

I learned that I am even more self-sufficient that I thought I was before. Especially where it concerns preparing Christmas for myself and my family.

I learned that long distance Christmas wishes are very unsatisfying. I need to hug these people!

I learned that there is a large contingent of Bush supporters in Australia! I was completely unaware of their existence! They have been kind enough to set me straight and now I have much research to do to expand my understanding of their causes.

I have learned that there is some real intelligence on the other side of the ideological fence and that I should respect, though not necessarily agree, with their points of view.

I have learned that I am not alone in celebrating Christmas as an atheist. (And some of them are Bush supporters! Go figure!)

I learned that this little site of mine is not just a place for me to vomit forth my frustrations and anger. It is also a place where I can educate others and also learn myself. This internet thing, she be pretty powerful!

I learned that 2006 is something to look forward to even more. (Because that is when the Democrats are going to take back the Senate and the House! Sorry Aussies I could not resist!)

1 comment:

  1. You learned alot....and yes long distance christmas wishes can sometimes suck..and sometimes not...here is a
    Hug your way for all your hard work in blogatopia ((( )))).

    ( that ( ) is a hug in blog language ....)

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.