Sunday, July 23, 2006

Buckley on Bush: "I think his legacy is indecipherable"

Buckley finds himself parting ways with President Bush, whom he praises as a decisive leader but admonishes for having strayed from true conservative principles in his foreign policy.

In particular, Buckley views the three-and-a-half-year Iraq War as a failure.

"If you had a European prime minister who experienced what we've experienced it would be expected that he would retire or resign," Buckley says.

I love it when William F. Buckley speaks out against this administration. Buckley is the father of the modern conservative movement, and as such has much at stake as he watches George Bush detroy the party from within.

I have always disagreed with Buckley on pretty much everything. But this one time I find myself uncomfortably close to seeing things exactly like he does.

It gives a liberal pause if you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.