Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bush: "If you elect the Democrats they will raise your taxes". Does anybody really worry about taxes with everything that is going on today?

I watched the Bush speech this morning. (It gave me indigestion.)

Then later I caught the end of "Hardball". (You know I swore I would never watch that show again after the last election, but I fell off of the wagon.)

During the speech Bush said that if Americans voted the Democrats back into power they would raise your taxes. I thought that was a pretty weak argument, but then I saw Chris Matthews talking about what an effective ploy it was. Really?

Does anybody really vote these days based on keeping taxes down? With all of the shit going on in the world today is the fear of more taxes really getting people to vote Republican?

If that is true I am beyond dumbfounded. So for the record let me make my opinion clear.

If raising my taxes will bring our soldiers home from Iraq faster, then raise them!

If raising my taxes will get my country universal healthcare, then raise them!

If raising my taxes will keep the government from listening in to my phone calls, then raise them!

If raising my taxes will keep my government from torturing people, then raise them!

If raising my taxes will help to convince the rest of the world that we are not criminals, then raise them!

If raising my taxes will make us start working on a solution to Global Warming, then raise them!

If raising my taxes will get rid of the bullshit "No Child Left behind" program, then raise them!

If raising my taxes will ensure that we have fair elections, then raise them!

By God if you can make any one of the things on the above list happen then raise my taxes, because I am more then willing to pay! How much do you want? I will write you a check right this instant, just let us start repairing the damage that this administration has done to my country!

Is that too much to ask? Is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.