Sunday, August 26, 2007

Another trip to the dark side.

Frequent visitors to this site know full well that I have many, many concerns about the official story of 9-11. I have gone from somebody whom, while astounded that amateurs could pull off such an amazing attack on American soil, essentially bought the official story of what happened, and how it happened (In my defense I was completely stunned for months after the attack.), to somebody who has read and watched too much information about the inconsistencies to accept any version of events that he has seen thus far.

And I know that I am not alone. Anybody who, even rarely, visits YouTube, or liberal blogs, or even various chat rooms, cannot have avoided the fact that many, many Americans simply do not buy the official story of 9-11. And these people fall into various categories.
  • The guy who is absolutely certain that it was a government plot, and by the way so was the Kennedy assassination, Roswell, and fluoride in our water.
  • The person who, at least in this case, thinks that there is a conspiracy of our government and our mainstream media to sell us a false story as to what happened. And that it was all done to start these wars that we are currently fighting.
  • The person who occasionally finds themselves searching the web for conspiracy data and then spending sleepless nights trying to digest what they have read and then reconciling it with the "official" story. (I guess this is where I would be categorized.)
  • And then finally the person who does not think that everything adds up, but simply cannot accept that "their" government would do such a terrible thing. (My poor mother)

So the link above goes to an article by a reporter who is struggling with the same conflicts and unexplained data that many of us have found ourselves dealing with. One of the points that he makes, which I completely concur with, is this one: My final argument – a clincher, in my view – is that the Bush administration has screwed up everything – militarily, politically diplomatically – it has tried to do in the Middle East; so how on earth could it successfully bring off the international crimes against humanity in the United States on 11 September 2001?

Now, for me at least, this has been the one thing that kept me from jumping right onto the "conspiracy express". I have no problem believing that this administration would do something as evil as kill almost 3000 Americans to push forward their agenda (After all they have no problem sacrificing our troops by the thousands to keep from admitting that the Iraq war is a failure and that they were wrong in starting it.) So it is not a question of if they are "evil" enough, it is simply a question of whether they are "competent" enough.

But then I have to ask myself this question: Of the two possible choices for 9-11, is it less likely that a few ragtag middle eastern men gained access to flight instruction, overpowered four plane loads of people and successfully crashed three of them into their intended targets, or that a powerful group within our own government staged the events to allow them to gain unprecedented power over our people to put into motion a plan that never would have had a chance of success in any other time? If you are honest with yourself they both seem completely unreasonable, but one of them is the truth. So which one?

I don't know. At least I am not positive of anything yet. But I do know that the "official" story is not completely accurate. That much I am willing to accept as a fact.

I am also not going to stop looking for the truth. In my opinion the media did not do its job, which is part of the reason that blogs like this exist now, and so as an alternate source of information I feel that I have an obligation to try and bring as much as I can find to the nice people who visit me here. And I am quite aware that it may cost me visitors who will just write me off as "one of those left wing nutjobs". I know this because that is what I did not too very long ago. And if you do decide to do that I understand perfectly.

For the rest of you I will direct you to YouTube. When you get there put "Loose Change" into the search box. And then after a day of absorbing all of that, put "9-11 in Plane Site" in the search box. There are other videos posted that challenge the assertions made by these two series. I chose to watch those as well and so can you. Like I said all information should be considered.

I apologize ahead of time for complicating your life, it sucks, I know. But if you are at all like me you just hate being lied to and want to know the truth, even if it hurts.

If you are feeling really masochistic you can do a Google search for 9-11 conspiracies. I would suggest that you make sure to follow that experience with a stiff drink, or two.

3 comments:

  1. The media's complicity is why projects such as theRealNews is so important. I am impressed with what I see on the site and am encouraged that someone is trying to take our country back. Take a look at them. I think you'll be impressed too.
    We need real news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whelp....the sad thing is WE NEED THE TRUTH....not lies and coverups...and it is miserable that the MEdia has never properly presented facts or investigated....at all....shame on them....

    ( an yes, you are not the only one watching the Youtube videos late at night...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 PM

    I don't think Bush has enough brainpower to pull off such an attack.

    But I do think they could have known about it and done absolutely nothing to stop it.

    Nothing like a scared bunch of folks hiding in the closet asking the government to do just absolutely anything it wants to do but please keep them safe.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.