Sunday, August 26, 2007

I am going to have to buy stock in the company that manufactures water wings.

But a study led by James Hansen, the head of the climate science program at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York and a professor at Columbia University, suggests that current estimates for how high the seas could rise are way off the mark - and that in the next 100 years melting ice could sink cities in the United States to Bangladesh.

"If we follow 'business-as-usual' growth of greenhouse gas emissions," he writes in an e-mail interview, "I think that we will lock in a guaranteed sea-level rise of several metres, which, frankly, means that all hell is going to break loose."

Okay right after I finish this post I am going to turn off my computer, and my television, and my fan , and my lights, and sit outside trying to control my methane output.

You know if these guys are truly accurate then we are really screwed, because we know that we are never going to make a big enough change in our habits to stop the damage to our planet that seems to be dragging us to a disaster of world shattering proportions.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:34 PM

    So how did such a study make it past the White House censors?

    Has the search and destroy and discredit James Hansen mission begun yet?

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.