Saturday, January 05, 2008

Obama and Edwards are inching closer to a partnership.

Sen. Barack Obama got some unexpected help during a heated exchange with Sen. Hillary Clinton in tonight's debate from former Sen. John Edwards, who snatched second place from Clinton in Iowa's caucus.

Comparing her to the "forces for status quo," Edwards said that Obama "believes deeply in change, and I believe deeply in change. Anytime you speak out for change, this is what happens. The forces for status quo are going to attack."

Edwards also defended Obama against Clinton's charge that Obama has switched his positions on health care and the Patriot Act. "To say that Barack Obama is having an argument with himself is not fair."

You know when you dare to wish for something as amazing as Obama and Edwards teaming up, you know in your heart that you may be very disappointed. But you still wish for it anyway because it just seems so right.

I have been blogging about it for months now, and I know that some of my frequent visitors are probably tired of reading about it. But what if somebody is listening?

What if somebody who can actually make something like this happen reads what I have said, and others as well, and thinks it is a great idea?

I am not so arrogant as to think I have any impact on the Presidential race, but ideas can be powerful. And the idea of Obama and Edwards combining forces to take the Presidency and heal our country is a dream that deserves a chance to become real.

So I will continue to hope for real change in our country.

Not just the change promised by Barack Obama.

Not just the change promised by John Edwards.

But the kind of change that they could bring together, combining the best that they both have to offer. The kind of change that would allow us to wake up after eight years trapped in a nightmare and finally welcome the day with new optimism and pride in our nation.

Just imagine how wonderful it would be to be proud to be an American again.

Isn't that a dream worth hoping for?

11 comments:

  1. after all the Hell all of us have been through and what has transpired to our country.....we have every right to dream.....

    great post....wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:42 PM

    I predict that the MSM will go after the John Edwards - Rielle Hunter love affair story (with baby in oven now!) ONLY if he looks to be the nominee.

    The MSM would prefer to just ignore any sex scandal of a politician (Democrat, that is), but they may have to cover the story when Ms. Hunter puts John Edwards on the birth certificate as the father. Under some state laws, it's the birth certificate that counts for child support, if the "birth father" does not contest it.

    Once Rielle Hunter determines that it would be much easier to get child support if John Edwards is listed on the birth certificate, I think that Ms. Hunter will let the story out. She knows about John Edwards' fortune and she want it!!

    So, what's this mean? It's my opinion that Rielle Hunter's life could be in danger. John Edwards would do anything to shut her up (and to prevent that baby from being born.) God help her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gryphen & Enigma: it is not only a dream worth hoping for, it is a dream worth living for, it represents the kind of america I want to live in.

    ps, I have NO idea what the comment above is about, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nevermind ... I see it was a story that ran in Huffington Post Dec 19 quoting an article in the National Enquirer, which Wonkette called a bullshit bucket. I should've known. Real news doesn't first appear in america's favorite bathroom rag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read about the rumor a while ago.

    I have no idea if it has any validity, but I have to say I don't care. I am not interested in being married to John Edwards, I want him to help run my country.

    I would feel badly for Elizabeth, but she seems like she can handle John and that is their business.

    Once again this is a Republican attack strategy aimed at the "morality" of the Democrat. I want a candidate with the kind of "morality" not to invade a country after lying to the American people, not the kind of "morality" that says anything about his sexuality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, the "story" is horsecrap, and yes, pretty much created....so classy the Foxy People always do that kind of thing- esp when the Wife is fighting Cancer- I guess it fulls them with the love of Jesus...

    It is true that Bill may have had a BJ ....and then lied about it ( like any husband would....) but he did not BLOW UP A COUNTRY....so what...it did not effect his leadership or his ability to lead...and sorry , but after really SEEING Hill these past few monthes ( 24/7 on MSM...) I think that we KNOW alot more now...and who knows Monica might have helped his presidency in some way ( I am serious....Hill is an Iceberg on Roids..)

    She calls herself "the Clinton Machine"....it is dehumanizing...We have already Lost OUR Humanity - often stolen and pulverized by the Bush Regime...we don't need her adding to that kind of pain...

    We don't need a "Machine"...We need a REAL TEAM to LEAD this Country Back.....from the Abyss of Hell...

    and Obama and Edwards could make a really amazing team...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ( Please know what I said about Bill, I don;t mean it in a bad way...Husbands stray or make mistakes, or even get lonely...and I don't think it is Crime or even something get all fire and brimstone about, and certainly not impeachable....and I don't even get what is the fuss in the media...

    Now Rudy renting a penthouse for his Mistress Princess Judy and charging it to the New York Citizens and saying it was used for 911 workers- THAT I have a problem with...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for confirming the horsecrappiness of this story, Enigma. And of course, I agree with Gryphen & Enigma about the unnewsworthiness of the story, even if it WERE true.

    About Bill's BJ: as a citizen & not his wife, the biggest problem I had with it was that a**hole Kenneth Starr. Sheesh ... if EVER a guy needed a BJ, it was him. Impeachable offense? Hey, maybe if Bush had blown Saddam, THAT would be a BJ worth impeachment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was not giving any credence to the Edwards story ladies, I was just saying that it does not impact who I choose to lead this country.

    I would happily vote for a hedonistic ass grabber if I thought he was the best choice to be President. (Actually I believe I did in 1992 and 1996)

    And lets face it, anybody who looks like John Edwards must have tail waved in his face 24/7. And for that matter Obama ain't exactly chopped liver either.

    Give me an intelligent, honest, ethical man who likes a good blow-job once in awhile, over a uptight ex-alcoholic mommas boy, with a tiny peener who is desperate to prove he is a man on the backs of our military any day of he week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen! or as my hub pronounces it, "Oh-Man".

    ReplyDelete
  11. ( ahhhhh, just to let you know our dear friend...we redheads were attemtping to set the Ass Grabbing kanooodling record straight.....for certain other readers...ahem.....

    So amen brother...amen..

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.