Sunday, January 06, 2008

Here is video of the New Hampshire debate and Edwards supporting Obama against attacks from Hillary.

I think it is fair to say the lady got a little hot under the collar.

I have no idea what she means by "35 years of change". I don't think the American people are interested in how many times she changed hairstyles, or pantsuits, or changed how she was going to spin the latest peccadillo's that the press uncovered about Bill.

But I am aware that in the last eight years she has positioned herself as close to the Republican policies as she could and only turned on them when it became clear that her Democratic rivals for President were benefiting by speaking out against them.

Hillary IS the status quo and we DO need a change. The idea that we are "rolling the dice" is the very backbone of our democratic system. We gamble every time we vote for a new President.

We gambled on Bill Clinton and won.

We gambled on George Bush and lost.

There is no gamble with Hillary. We know who she is , just like we knew who George Bush was in 2004. If we vote her into office we will live to regret it.

We cannot know just how well Obama or Edwards will serve as the next President, but we know how poorly things have gone in the past eight months. And Hillary has to take some responsibility for that. Her votes may not have changed the outcome of the war in Iraq, but at least we would have known she tried. She went along until it served her better not to go along.

I want a leader, not a follower. Let me also make the point that I want a SMART leader this time.

2 comments:

  1. "a little hot "???

    whoa ....mama... I have seen a cat in a room full of rockers looking more comfortable...

    ( and when she used the phrase " I feel so excoriated" I blew pepsi across the room...she used a phrase from diaper creme commercials...)

    When she argues back- she sounds like a shrill housewife, and petty, crtainly not presidential

    ...boy I have more and more sympathy for Bill, WHY there was a Monica makes ALL the sense in the World...all she learned from ALL of HER years in DC was how to Fight???....

    Certainly not how to Lead...

    ( Sorry FIRST WIFE on the resume does not count..no way...imagine Laura running for Prez...)

    Thanks for posting this video..I did want to see again...

    Edwards and Obama really do look good together....
    and they "worked" her...and she did not even know it had happened..

    ( BTW Obama has a blog and a Community Blog Center....it is amazing....People from all over..I did look for Alaska Folks..I will keep looking.. his blog is as good as Edwards..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damnit, why does everybody need a blog? Don't I have enough competition? LOL.

    Gee Enigma I am glad you made all of those points about Hil sounding shrill and just being a housewife. If I had said it I would have been excoriated!

    And they say politics is not fun.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.