Monday, January 07, 2008

Parade magazine publishes interview with Benazir Bhutto without any acknowledgement that she has been dead for almost two weeks!

In a moment worthy of 'Dewey Beats Truman,' Sunday's Parade Magazine went out in newspapers all across the country with a blaring cover headline: "'I Am What The Terrorists Most Fear': Is Benazir Bhutto America's best hope against al-Qaeda?" Uhm...we sure hope not!

The article inside begins with an interior sub-headline that reads, "As Benazir Bhutto seeks a return to power, Tuesday's election in Pakistan could profoundly affect the fight against terrorism," and quotes supporters of Bhutto who chant, "Long live Benazir!" What it does not contain is any acknowledgment, anywhere, that Bhutto died ten days ago.

I read this yesterday and for a moment thought that I had slipped back through time.

I looked everywhere for some notation that Bhutto was no longer with us, and found nothing!

This is why the print media is rapidly losing its audience. I mean if you were a Parade reader without a television or Internet access, you may still believe that Benazir Bhutto was still among the living.

2 comments:

  1. and THIS is why editors and Writers are sooooo important...

    oh my..unreal...

    But I watched Bhutto on with Laura on CBS last night...
    ( she is such a good journalist- she really knows how to ask questions.,...)
    And now we learn that it was HER fault that she died...yeah, getting shot in the back of the head....next they are going to call it "suicide"...lordy...
    and last week they said that it was she "hit her head on the latch while Ducking"......

    WTF?????

    Parade is it worldwide ?

    Could there be entities that don't want to admit that she is dead and murdered????

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay...REALLL bad Enigma TYPO....

    I meant I saw MUSHI on with Laura....

    ( I think I need a nap....or coffee)

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.