Saturday, March 22, 2008

I cannot help but find this barbaric.

A 15-year-old boy has been crucified in the Philipines today in a gory ritual to mark the death of Jesus Christ.

Dozens of Filipinos, including the boy and an 18-year-old girl, were nailed to crosses and scores more whipped their backs into a bloody pulp as the country's devout Roman Catholics marked Good Friday.

I try to be understanding and non judgemental about people's religious faith, but when it presents itself as mutilations or rights of pain I have a hard time not thinking them uncivilized and primitive.

2 comments:

  1. wtf???
    I read the article..."the atmostphere was festive" what is wrong with these people....???

    ( I am soooo glad they were using Sterilized Nails ...that made me feel much better.....really...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. macabre ... but then the whole worship of agony is macabre. I can't think of one good thing about Good Friday. (sigh ... guess that is why my favorite holiday is halloween)

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.