Monday, September 08, 2008

I will be watching the Presidential debates on CNN.

MSNBC is removing Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews as the anchors of live political events, bowing to growing criticism that they are too opinionated to be seen as neutral in the heat of the presidential campaign.

David Gregory, the NBC newsman and White House correspondent who also hosts a program on MSNBC, will take over during such events as this fall's presidential and vice presidential debates and election night

The move, confirmed by spokesmen for both networks, follows increasingly loud complaints about Olbermann's anchor role at the Democratic and Republican conventions. Olbermann, who regularly assails President Bush and GOP nominee John McCain on his "Countdown" program, was effusive in praising the acceptance speech of Democratic nominee Barack Obama. He drew flak Thursday when the Republicans played a video that included a tribute to the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks, saying that if the networks had done that, "we would be rightly eviscerated at all quarters, perhaps by the Republican Party itself, for exploiting the memories of the dead, and perhaps even for trying to evoke that pain again. If you reacted to that videotape the way I did, I apologize."

I choose MSNBC mainly because of the irrepressible Keith Olbermann. I tolerate Matthews.

But I certainly will not use my valuable television viewing time watching the David Gregory snorefest. If I want to watch a male mannequin, I will set up a lawn chair outside of J.C. Penneys.

To my friends and I Keith Olbermann is a hero, and in my opinion he should be the one moderating the debates. And if he did I would gladly buy EVERY product advertised during that hour and half, no matter what it was!

And by the way, I had the exact same emotional response to that fucking 9-11 video the Republicans showed that Keith did. It made me livid.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:36 PM

    Isn't this always the problem with our side? We're too fucking polite. Imagine what FOX would have said to those kinds of complaints. I really believe that Rove et al play to this trait of ours that makes us want to be 'fair and balanced' rather than just paying it lip service. I wish there was a way around this without becoming like them, but I don't think there is.

    thanks for your continued work and posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:45 PM

    Olbermann and Matthews will still be doing analysis during election coverage, which actually frees him to give more opinion than anchoring. I don't think it's all that horrible, and makes the right-wing nutjobs think they've won something.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.