Sunday, December 12, 2010

Shannyn Moore is moving.

From the Alaska Ear:

WHOA . . . Left-wing opinionator Shannyn Moore is moving her radio show to a FOX affiliate.

Did your head explode? Ear's lobe is dangling in fragments. But it's true, darlings, starting Monday. Here's the story as reported by ADN's Elizabeth Bluemink: KUDO, the local progressive (i.e., liberal) station is going off the air. Owner IBEW wants out of the radio business. Mike Robbins, who's been running KUDO for the union, is starting a new station -- KOAN. Motto: "FOX News 1020, Fair and Balanced for Alaska."

The new station's lineup will include well-known FOX News personalities, including lefty Alan Colmes. It will also include Shannyn and the other local hosts from KUDO, Robbins said. He thinks the mix is going to make for very interesting talk radio.

Shannyn said she's good to go. "Nothing's changing for me," she said Friday. Same show, same opinions, same producer, same studio, same time. Just a slightly different spot on the dial.

 This kind of took me by surprise as well.  I have been dutifully listening to KUDO as I do my errands around town virtually every day and had no idea there were problems behind the scenes.

Well anyhow it is good to know that Shannyn's voice will not be silenced.  Let's see 1080 to 1020, that is only a few clicks of the radio dial, I guess I can manage that.

I just hope I don't have to sit through any of those crappy Glenn Beck or Sean Hannity promos like I did when Shannyn was over at her OLD conservative home on KBYR.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:48 AM

    I am missing something. So has she been considered a conservative this whole time?

    You don't go with FOX, no matter who you are, if you don't feel comfortable with their "editorial" slant.

    I am from the lower 48. Not real conversant on the nuances of Alaskan broadcasters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Thom Hartman?!? No Ed? No Stephanie?
    .....I feel like I've been kicked in the junk.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:42 AM

    Now we all know why she has been tip toeing around all the Sarah stories..Moore has been riding the fence since she hasn't appeared on MSNBC for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:30 AM

    She has to pay for her air time anyway. She might as well go where it is cheapest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RunninL8 said...

    No Thom Hartman?!? No Ed? No Stephanie?
    .....I feel like I've been kicked in the junk.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I don't have any of those on my radio dial here--have to listen online when I can. Around here, the only talk radio is the FUX Noise RWNJs and NPR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh. Only in these twisted times could someone like Alan Colmes be even remotely considered a "lefty."

    ReplyDelete
  7. @7:48 AM,

    Not a lot of broadcasting choices in this state - She is on the air, that's what counts.

    I am confident that if leadership tries to stifle her she will kick ass.

    If not, then I would be sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:28 PM

    This is going to be very, very weird! FOX!! I don't like the fact that Shannyn's following could increase their numbers. Truly think this could hurt her. I, for one, absolutely detest FOX as much as I do Sarah Palin.

    I've listened to Shannyn since she started her radio show....this is going to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:24 PM

    I got a couple screen shots of the official Samaritan Purse shoot of Her Highness. That shirt of Bristol's is mighty big -- MIGHTY big!

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.