Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Dish Network enters its second week of Fox News free satellite TV. Okay now I'm jealous.

Courtesy of Raw Story:

Dish Network subscribers who are fans on Fox News’ “fair and balanced” reporting are entering the second week of not being able to watch their favorite Fox hosts, as the war between the network and the cable provider shows no sign of letting up. 

Dish Network pulled the plug on both Fox News and the Fox Business Network on Dec. 20, after the two sides could not agree on a new contract, with Dish claiming Fox was using their popular news shows as leverage to overcharge for other Fox programming the provider was less interested in. 

The resulting blackout led Fox to unleash their loyal viewers on Dish, via Facebook, with threats of cancellation unless Fox News was made available to Dish’s 13 million subscribers again.

In response the CEO of Dish has accused Fox of extortion, which sounds just like something they would do actually.

In the meantime Dish subscribers are getting completely away from conservative conspiracy theories and misinformation as they have replaced Fox News with Glenn Beck's crazy ass network The Blaze.

Yeah, I'm not sure that's any actually better.

14 comments:

  1. Sallyin MI4:12 AM

    My local McDonald's had Fox on their 'free TV' which they finally replaced with CNN (or Faux lite.) NOW they have NEWSMAX TV (I know, I didn't know NEWSMAX also had a TV channel, either) so every time I go, I turn the damn thing off. Yes, I could go sit in another section, but I get some satisfaction out of just shutting the damn thing off. The little sign says I can't try to change the channel, but it doesn't say I have to leave it on to shrink the minds of the customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:48 AM

      Just another reason to avoid McDonalds, especially one where the franchise owner thinks Fox is the news provider to force on his/her customers. Crap for your intestines, crap for your brain.

      Delete
  2. Otto Katz4:31 AM

    We have Dish tv, the cheapest plan available.And it has never included Faux, nor CNN! We've gotten along just fine without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:32 AM

    Well speaking of dishes, I heard from a neighbor's cousin's, friend's, sister's brother that they did all of the dishes at the.......
    What? Oh, not that kind of dishes....so sorry, I'm way O/T. Nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:05 AM

    My neighbor who has six children from her father is complaining about losing FOX too. That doesn't surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randall7:25 AM

    Replacing Fox News with The Blaze?
    That's like using heroin to get your oxycontin habit under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hedgewytch8:14 AM

      Best comment of the day! I just sent Dish a note saying basically the same thing!

      Delete
    2. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous11:27 AM

      The blaze is actually a good site

      Delete
    4. Anonymous11:28 AM

      The blaze is actually pretty objective, way moreso than any blog

      Delete
    5. "Anonymous11:27 AM
      The blaze is actually a good site"

      --------------------------------
      No, it is not a good site. Only a fool would think that it is.

      "Anonymous11:28 AM
      The blaze is actually pretty objective, way moreso than any blog"

      ---------------------------------
      1) No, it is not objective at all.
      2) Blogs are opinion sites. They have no obligation to be objective.
      3) If you believe it "is more objective than any blog", why do you spend all your time here, yammering away with your crazy lies and stupid comments?

      Delete
  6. Anonymous7:38 AM

    I see the notification when I'm scrolling sometimes, and I laugh and laugh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:41 AM

      I hear you. I scroll through just to see it.

      Delete
  7. Grrrr !10:07 AM

    I wish DishNet could/would study the outlook and behavior of its Fox-less viewers -- watching 'Faux News' would join cigarettes on the list of haz-mats.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.