Courtesy of CNN:
Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team has approached the White House about interviewing staffers who were aboard Air Force One when the initial misleading statement about Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer at Trump Tower was crafted, three sources familiar with the conversations said.
The special counsel's discussions with the White House are the latest indication that Mueller's investigators are interested in the response to the Trump Tower meeting. Mueller wants to know how the statement aboard Air Force One was put together, whether information was intentionally left out and who was involved, two of the sources said.
Mueller's questions could go to the issue of intent and possible efforts to conceal information during an obstruction of justice investigation. The answers to Mueller's questions also could illuminate the level of anxiety surrounding the meeting and the decision-making that followed.
The interviews with White House staffers who were aboard Air Force One have not begun, the sources said. They currently involve only a small number of people, but the sources cautioned that number could increase. At this time, Mueller has not asked to interview President Trump.
I think that is where all of this is leading. To an interview with Donald Trump.
And that makes sense because we KNOW he is going to lie.
That is ALL he ever does.
Once in that witness chair Trump will ignore the advice of his attorneys and start digging himself into a hole that no amount of presidential powers will be able to extricate him from.
Trump's only option to protect himself is to find a way to fire Mueller, and if he does THAT his chances of being impeached will only increase.
To put it simply, he is fucked!
Morality is not determined by the church you attend nor the faith you embrace. It is determined by the quality of your character and the positive impact you have on those you meet along your journey
Showing posts with label false statements. Show all posts
Showing posts with label false statements. Show all posts
Friday, September 08, 2017
Tuesday, August 01, 2017
New lawsuit claims that Donald Trump worked with Fox News to concoct story that Hillary Clinton had DNC staffer murdered. Update!
![]() |
That guy on the left is Jay Sekulow, Trump's attorney. |
President Donald Trump collaborated with Fox News to concoct a story claiming a Democratic National Committee staffer was killed in retaliation for furnishing information damaging to Hillary Clinton to Wikileaks, according to a lawsuit by a private investigator for the slain man’s family.
Rod Wheeler -- the investigator, a former Washington police detective, and an occasional Fox News contributor -- claims in his lawsuit that the president read the Fox story before it was published and suggested the insertion of quotes falsely attributed to Wheeler supporting the story’s premise. Trump wanted the story published to divert attention from the widening investigation into his campaign’s ties to Russia, Wheeler claims.
The complaint’s first paragraph includes screen shot of a May 14 text message to Wheeler from another Fox News contributor that reads: “Not to add any more pressure but the president just read the article. He wants the article out immediately. It’s now all up to you. but don’t feel the pressure."
Seth Rich was killed on a Washington street in the middle of the night last year. The crime remains unsolved. The story was published on May 16 and later retracted by the network, according to the complaint.
Fox News didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.
So just mull that over in your mind a little.
Donald Trump worked with is propaganda outlet, Fox News, to frame Hillary Clinton and the DNC for murder.
And the really troubling part is.....I'm not surprised.
Nor am I surprised by this:
There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, that these people are unwilling to do to gain, or retain, power.The White House previously denied knowledge of Fox News' false report on Seth Rich. pic.twitter.com/Qcmf3lpaFt— Adrienne Watson (@Adrienne_DNC) August 1, 2017
Here is a response from Fox News:
Wheeler alleges Fox News and the Trump supporter intended to deflect public attention from growing concern about the administration's ties to the Russian government. His suit charges that a Fox News reporter created quotations out of thin air and attributed them to him to propel her story.
Fox's president of news, Jay Wallace, told NPR on Monday that there was no "concrete evidence" that Wheeler was misquoted by the reporter, Malia Zimmerman. The news executive did not address a question about the story's allegedly partisan origins. Fox News declined to allow Zimmerman to comment for this story.
There is "no concrete evidence." Well that's an interesting way to phrase it.
And the fact that they declined to comment on Trump's participation in pushing this narrative speaks volumes.
Update: Okay here is a more aggressive denial from Fox News:
Gee, if only we trusted the word of Fox News.Statement from @foxnews news president Jay Wallace on Rod Wheeler lawsuit claims: pic.twitter.com/bbXDqsZydx— Paul Farhi (@farhip) August 1, 2017
Update 2:
Okay so we are now asked to believe that once Spicey read this news that it did not find it's way to Donald Trump.—@SarahHuckabee: "The White House didn't have any involvement in this story"— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) August 1, 2017
(FWIW, Spicer told me he was told about it before publication)
Seriously?
Labels:
Bloomberg,
DNC,
Donald Trump,
false statements,
FOX News,
Hillary Clinton,
murder,
Sean Hannity,
Seth Rich
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)